• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jason Edwards Travel - New Depot Near Heathrow for National Express work

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveo43

Good evening all,

I don't know if anyone would have any knowledge of this, or if it's been posted somewhere else, but if so I do apologise.

I noticed a job advertisement the other day, I believe in Route One magazine, for coach drivers for a new company called John Edwards Travel limited which has been awarded a large National Express contract, with a new depot opening near Iver, I believe.

I believe John Edwards is Edwards coaches who already operate NX routes and have done for many years.Does anyone know what NX routes they have been awarded for the new start up?

I used to be based at Crawley for NX own operations until the depot was closed, and I still like to keep an eye on what's going on from time to time.

Many thanks for any information in advance, as it will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

borage

Do you mean Jason Edwards?

Jason Edwards Travel Ltd are recruiting for Coach Drivers to work at its operation in Heathrow.

Coach Drivers

Be part of the journey….

In line with our recent announcement of being awarded multi long term contracts with National Express, it’s with great pleasure to announce that Jason Edwards Travel Ltd has opportunities available within his new business. We are looking for enthusiastic and quality driven candidates to join our team and be part of this exciting journey.

We have a number of coach driving opportunities available at this very exciting time of inception at our new depot based at Iver, Slough (a short walk from the Queen Elizabeth line station).

Jason Edwards has over 21 years of experience in the industry, a solid reputation for high standards and for rewarding and appreciating staff with loyalty and benefits. The driving team will form a crucial part to the success of the business!

We will be providing customer focused services from Heathrow Airport and London Victoria Coach Station to destinations within the UK 364 days of the year and operating with a fleet of new Scania Caetano 14 metre vehicles.

If you have the passion, energy and desire to work with a forward thinking company which rewards and respects its staff then apply today and join us at the start of something special

[...]

Anyway, yes, Jason Edwards does appear to be a former director of Edwards Coaches

steveo43

Hi,

Yes sorry, Jason Edwards. That's my fault for not checking before posting......

j_walker1804

I believe they were trying to get into CCH depot where we operate out of (old Sipson Rd depot) but there wasn’t space available. We can’t expand services because of the space limitations either.

Bwsbro

Am I correct that Edwards Coaches used to have drivers based in CCH for when the 201 service extended through to Brighton.

Will be interesting to see what happens as Edwards are actively recruiting new drivers for Nat Ex expansion out of their Bristol depot

j_walker1804

Am I correct that Edwards Coaches used to have drivers based in CCH for when the 201 service extended through to Brighton.

Will be interesting to see what happens as Edwards are actively recruiting new drivers for Nat Ex expansion out of their Bristol depot
Yes that’s correct. Reading Buses used to have drivers based there for the 925 and also Clarkes of London for the UWL contract and 440/450 service.

Roger1973

An article about Jason Edwards in recent 'Route One' magazine - it would appear that he parted company with the Edwards Coaches in S Wales.

“Being part of a family business as many people will know is not always easy. I’d been aware for some time of disagreements and differences of opinion among my family. It became clear it was time for us all to move on. Over the following weeks and months I received tremendous support from industry colleagues. A lot of people took the time to call, and that really keep me going. But I was uncertain what to do next. The only certainty was that I had to get back to work. I was offered a few consultancy jobs and I found myself spending time working on voluntary projects in the community. My immediate family were absolutely superb. I went into what I might describe as default mode, thinking about what I do best, what do I enjoy?

Last edited by a moderator:

MotCO

Established Member
I believe they were trying to get into CCH depot where we operate out of (old Sipson Rd depot) but there wasn’t space available. We can’t expand services because of the space limitations either.
Where is CCH depot? (For info, Forum rules ask for uncommon abbreviations to be set out in full when first used.)

Stan Drews

Established Member
Where is CCH depot? (For info, Forum rules ask for uncommon abbreviations to be set out in full when first used.)
It’s on Sipson Road.
CCH originally stood for Comet Car Hire, but the business has been known simply as CCH for many years.

Bwsbro

The report on Route One States that they will operarate up to 12 Levantes in full National Express liveries as part of National Express expansion plans starting with four routes linking London with Heathrow, Gatwick, Cambridge, Liverpool & Leeds
Route One Article

Mwanesh

Cambridge I would say it will be the 787. Not sure about the others. Things must have been that bad for him to leave the family firm like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.