• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Javelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuffchuff

Well i stand corrected by those with the GPS units!! However I dont think every driver opens them up fully. Reason I said 125 is because thats definitely what they are timetabled for, plus I very rarely arrive that early.
Admittedly I have arrived a good couple of mins early into Ebbsfleet at times, but not often. It probably depends what mood the driver is in.
It is a nusaince that they only timetable them for 125. Plus stopping at every station on the HS1 really slows things down.

Just to confuse you all :D

They are timetabled to travel at 140mph, but the new more efficient privatised railway, has got 66 mins in an hour, thus showing a 10% improvement
on the old publicly owned railway

<D:roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EWS 58038

I once used the Shin 395 san on the very first down preview service from St. Pancras to Ashford and I had mixed feelings.

- Acceleration was impressive
- Seats were okay for a commuter train
- Noise was loud (especially in tunnels)
- Ride comfort... well... horrible. The train was hunting all the time...
- Staff friendliness was good (we had Britrailpass and FIP cards) and they took the time to investigate as they hadn't seen them before... But all was fine... as expected. They wished us a pleasant journey and congratulated us for being the first tourist they encountered on the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.