• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Job centre railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star123456

Can someone please advise.

I am currently on universal credit and have been for 2 years. I have finally managed to get a job in London but cant afford the train fare for the first months (around £100 for a day ticket)

I was told I had been on universal credit too long to get a railcard (how is that even possible?)

Can anyone help or know how I might be able to get one? I live near Nuneaton and would be commuting to London Bridge.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

spellbound330

I was told I had been on universal credit too long to get a railcard (how is that even possible?)
Are you in contact with a job centre plus advisor? They may be able to provide assistance at their discretion for your first few months of employment.

Trackman

Established Member
I'm sure there's been a thread about is before, I think the OP in that thread had problems because they had never heard of it before and had to find out about it.
as quoted in the thread above it says:
May be used at the discretion of Jobcentre Plus staff to help with the cost of travelling to an interview, training or for the first months of travelling to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.