• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jobs abroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amex88

Hi guys. Hope everyone is well. Ive been looking and looking, but cannot find anything! Cannot find driving jobs abroad to save my life!

Prefer somewhere in the middle east tbh.. anyone know who recruits? Or where to actually look??

All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi guys. Hope everyone is well. Ive been looking and looking, but cannot find anything! Cannot find driving jobs abroad to save my life!

Prefer somewhere in the middle east tbh.. anyone know who recruits? Or where to actually look??

All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
I haven’t looked as it’s not of interest to me, but Freightliner have a section of their recruitment portal for jobs abroad, including the Middle East.

Amex88

Thank you for your reply stigy.

Ill have a look at that. Although im kind of only interested in driving as i do not have managment experience.

Thanks again buddy! Maybe try for a new challenge i guess is what im leaning towards!

Stigy

Established Member
Thank you for your reply stigy.

Ill have a look at that. Although im kind of only interested in driving as i do not have managment experience.

Thanks again buddy! Maybe try for a new challenge i guess is what im leaning towards!
No worries, I assumed it was probably driving you were after and I think (although I could be wrong) the main jobs abroad for FOCs such as FL will be for driving. Good luck!

Nic nic

As stigy said FL do also DB have done work out in UAE not sure if they still do...

Amex88

Cheers Stigy! I have emailed them so see what they say! I couldnt see anything abroad just UK vacancies! Will be hard to convince the wife but hey, risks may have to be taken.

Nic nic, ill keep a look out on DB too! Though i have searched on google but some vacancies seem to be fake tbh. Like one i saw in dubai. Was so odd.

I dont know what they pay, but it cant be terrible surely!

Nic nic

When I had my interview with DB back in 2014 they were doing work out there then and were keen to take people on who wanted to take the leap but I am not sure if they still do the work.

Amex88

When I had my interview with DB back in 2014 they were doing work out there then and were keen to take people on who wanted to take the leap but I am not sure if they still do the work.

Ok thats good to know, they dont seem to have anything up, but would maybe be good to drop an email! May try them too.

Dont know who else runs around there, but would be great to find a portal for vacancies abroad!

Stigy

Established Member
Cheers Stigy! I have emailed them so see what they say! I couldnt see anything abroad just UK vacancies! Will be hard to convince the wife but hey, risks may have to be taken.

Nic nic, ill keep a look out on DB too! Though i have searched on google but some vacancies seem to be fake tbh. Like one i saw in dubai. Was so odd.

I dont know what they pay, but it cant be terrible surely!

Did you email the contact in the attached brochure? Just found it on their website so probably the same place you looked any way? Re the salaries, I reckon they’re better than they are over here.

https://www.freightliner.co.uk/freightliner-middle-east/

Amex88

Thanks stig! I didnt see that email! Thats great. Thanks a lot. Surely something must come up in the next year. I am not in a major rush but would be good in the next year or so to try it. Plus aparently they dont pay tax?

6Z09

Serco website worth a look,Dubai Metro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.