• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

John Wigston

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckingham

Hi everyone.

I am part of www.railwaycovers.co.uk. Renowned Railway artist John Wigston is going to be doing an interview for our website and we would love to use some rail collector's and fans offer questions for us to put to him and then then the interview will be posted on our website.

Anyone with any ideas of any questions is welcome to email me at [email protected]

We are planning on doing the interview in the next couple of weeks so it would be great to hear your thoughts and questions.

Thanks!

Martin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

guillyman

Not much time at the moment, Martin, but I shall think of some questions, as I'm a great fan of both Cuneo and Shepherd, but not too familiar with John Wigston, so I shall do some research. Lovely site, by the way, I shall take a peek when I'm not so busy!
Regards, Alan.

buckingham

Thanks Alan, that would be brilliant. You are not alone as a fan of Cuneo, many of our items feature his paintings. We have good ties with his daughter and have signed items by both the late Terence Cuneo and his daughter Carole.

As you can imagine they are very popular amongst collectors.

Thanks for the feedback on the site too, its very helpful to know. We are just about to undergo some alterations, such as the ask the expert questions section and some stories from rail fans about their experiences so anyone is welcome to contribute.

Regards, Martin

guillyman

Hi again, Martin!
I've had time now to take a closer look at your site, very interesting, although my interest in philately waned some years ago, I still like anything to do with railways.
I've done some searching on John Wigston and he's done some fabulous work, especially on marine subjects, which leads me on to some possible questions to put to John:
1). Does the artist have a dedicated website for his work? I've looked, but can only find casual links to other sites. I'd love to see more.
2). Which subjects are John's favourites to paint? He obviously likes ships and railways, but is his work limited to technical subjects?
3). Does he have his own trademark when he turns out a painting, after the style of Cuneo's mouse, or is this a trade secret?
I hope this gets the ball rolling... Best wishes,
Alan.

buckingham

Hi Alan

Thank you for those questions, they have been passed on to John Wigston and the interview along with answers should appear on our site very soon, which I will be sure to tell you about!!!

He has done some fabulous work, he is kind of a hidden, slightly unheard treasure in the art world, but we love his work

Thanks again

Martin

guillyman

Thanks, Martin, I look forward to seeing the interview, keep us posted please, because this guy is good...
Cheers,
Alan.

buckingham

Hi all

The John Wigston is now online on our railway covers site. You can see it on-line at http://www.buckinghamcovers.com/rail/interview.lasso?-session=shopper:5369223B0a5a81FF08PtFE9E70D3

Thank you Guillyman for your question ideas.

If anyone has anyone in mind who could be a great person to interview please do let me know as we are interested in who the true rail fan would like to see asked some questions.

Any feedback on the interview and the layout would be appreicated.

Cheers and Enjoy

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.