• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Journey Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
I was just wondering what everyone's usual way of planning a door-to-door journey by public transport is?

Personally I use the transportdirect.info website in advance mode with Speed for making changes and Walking Speed set to Fast as I find that set on Average, and other journey planners such as traveline miss out quite possible connections*, then if I miss one I just query the journey from where I am to my destination on my mobile again. It's just a shame the mobile version of the website is limited to departure boards, and I have to load the full site.

Does anyone have any tips or better ways of planning a door-to-door journey?

*such as at Smethwick Galton Bridge (which I use often dash from the New St bound platform to the Snow Hill bound platform to save walking time in Birmingham)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
transportdirect.info together with Google Maps (+Street View)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If I'm out I use the NWM app to find the nearest bus stop

dvboy

Established Member
transportdirect.info together with Google Maps (+Street View)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If I'm out I use the NWM app to find the nearest bus stop

Didn't know about that app. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.