• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubliee Line Stock Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
Service delay refund refused by TFL as they claim I wasn't delayed as I didn't get on a service because the service wasn't running. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

westv

Established Member
I literally quoted it in my reply to you:
I'm confused. How is "the answer to my question is nobody knows" (what I said) any different to "a timescale not yet known" (what the RMT said)??

rebmcr

Established Member
Service delay refund refused by TFL as they claim I wasn't delayed as I didn't get on a service because the service wasn't running. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's wrong, they're probably just trying to fob you off.

Chris M

Severe delays again this morning due to the issue. Anybody have any idea how long this will take to sort out?

All trains were inspected by the weekend, so it’s just a case of fixing the few units that are broken.

I'll assume from that that the answer to my question is nobody knows.

The latest news that has been made public is that from the RMT quoted and linked in message #12. It includes the sentence:
As yet a fix has not been identified, with a timescale not yet known.
So there is no need to assume anything.

You asked a question.
Other members posted various things, one of which directly answered your question.
You quoted a post that didn't answer your question, stating that you were going to assume the answer to your question based on the quoted post (which gave no basis on which to make the assumption).
I then quoted the post that did answer your question (specifically the part that answered your question), pointing out that it answered your question, and stating that you didn't need to assume anything.
Since then the only relevant statements you have made (as distinct from questions asked) are that there has been no answer to your question.

westv

Established Member
You asked a question.
Other members posted various things, one of which directly answered your question.
You quoted a post that didn't answer your question, stating that you were going to assume the answer to your question based on the quoted post (which gave no basis on which to make the assumption).
I then quoted the post that did answer your question (specifically the part that answered your question), pointing out that it answered your question, and stating that you didn't need to assume anything.
Since then the only relevant statements you have made (as distinct from questions asked) are that there has been no answer to your question.
Que?..

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I see the journey cost me £5.30 rather than the £2.90 it would have done if the Jubilee line had been running. Will TFL give me a full refund?

I suppose I'll wait and see although I'm surprised that what was effectively the same journey cost me almost twice as much.
There are two aspects to this:

1) Willesden Green is zone 2/3 while Cricklewood is zone 3 so you are charged for an extra zone.
2) Your normal journey is TfL only whereas the alternative uses NR as well as LU and thus costs more.

TRAX

Established Member
Interesting as there have been no indications of problems with the related 95 stock which was constructed around the same time as the first batch of the 96 stock
If it’s true that only the add-on cars are affected, these were built by CAF, not Alstom like the original 96’ cars and all the 95’ cars.

westv

Established Member
That's wrong, they're probably just trying to fob you off.
Just sent a complaint via their online form. Let's see if anything happens. I know the amount involved isn't great but that's not the point.

Chris M

On Thursday, the RMT issued another update: https://www.rmtlondoncalling.org.uk/files/rmt_thsc_notice_jubilee_line_cracks.pdf

Some key points:
the root cause for the cracks appearing has not been fully established, in turn an appropriate fix hasn’tbeen developed

trains considered Cat 2 will now be stopped rather than subject to checks every 3 days. As a result,10 trains are currently stopped (8 Cat 1, 2Cat2).

there [is] an issue with bolts shearing under the train which may have contributed to the cracks and that cracks have been found in other areas of the train separate to the special trailer car [7th car], which was originally believed to be the only area effected

rebmcr

Established Member
Sounds like this might drag on a while. I wonder will we see 6-car operation?

Chris M

If the issue is not confined to the 7th car then I'm not really sure why running only as 6-car trains would actually help.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
I'm shocked that the Jubilee line stock was taken out of service as a precaution - for a train of nearly 25 years old, these perform so smoothly!

rebmcr

Established Member
I'm shocked that the Jubilee line stock was taken out of service as a precaution - for a train of nearly 25 years old, these perform so smoothly!

Ah yes, "performing smoothly", that magical quality that keeps you safe when metal has literally snapped in half.

What a nonsense comment.

On Moderation
Interesting as there have been no indications of problems with the related 95 stock which was constructed around the same time as the first batch of the 96 stock
95 stock is not affected - different design in the affected area.

simple simon

Ah but the Jubilee has been ATO for much longer.

Perhaps it is that ATO running with acceleration in what seems to be 'full power on' or 'off' mode stresses some components more than when the trains are human driven with 'partial power' graduations. Especially unpowered trailers - which if I recall correctly were the extra cars added when the trains were lengthened.

As much as its a problem to not have the full fleet available, it could be worse - I feel sure that it was a coupling issue which caused the experimental 1986 ts trains to come to grief ... also on the Jubilee line.

Then there were the total withdrawals of the 1992ts trains on the Central and Waterloo & City in circa 2003.

I suppose I'll wait and see although I'm surprised that what was effectively the same journey cost me almost twice as much.

It might be better to chase them up.

Nym

Established Member
Ah but the Jubilee has been ATO for much longer.
As much as its a problem to not have the full fleet available, it could be worse - I feel sure that it was a coupling issue which caused the experimental 1986 ts trains to come to grief ... also on the Jubilee line.

Then there were the total withdrawals of the 1992ts trains on the Central and Waterloo & City in circa 2003.

Nothing to do with the single leaf doors, stepper controlled accelerators or TCMS issues?

And the W&C was for overhaul and refurb...

simple simon

Nothing to do with the single leaf doors, stepper controlled accelerators or TCMS issues?

And the W&C was for overhaul and refurb...

The 1983 tube stock had single leaf doors - the 1986 trains were standard with two pairs of double doors - 4 tube cars in each of red, blue and green. My video comes from silent super 8 film.

The 1992 tube stock Central line and Class 483 Waterloo & City trains had problems with bits falling off the trains whilst travelling - things such as motors!

Status
Not open for further replies.