• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Just to clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I'm considering applying for a trainee driver role with SWR, I applied for the same role with Freightliner but was unsuccessful at the pen and paper assessments in August. My question is can I apply to SWR or do I have to wait until the six months are up before reapplying for any trainee driver role with any TOC?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi folks,

I'm considering applying for a trainee driver role with SWR, I applied for the same role with Freightliner but was unsuccessful at the pen and paper assessments in August. My question is can I apply to SWR or do I have to wait until the six months are up before reapplying for any trainee driver role with any TOC?

Many thanks.
As it’s part of the national train driver assessments you were unsuccessful at, I believe you have to wait 6-months to reapply? Did you meet the national standard or not meet either national nor enhanced? I ask because SWR only use national standard, therefore if you met that standard you haven’t technically failed so may be okay?

As it’s part of the national train driver assessments you were unsuccessful at, I believe you have to wait 6-months to reapply? Did you meet the national standard or not meet either national nor enhanced? I ask because SWR only use national standard, therefore if you met that standard you haven’t technically failed so may be okay?
I didn't meet the national standard or the enhanced standard. I keep reading conflicting information on other posts.

Stigy

Established Member
I didn't meet the national standard or the enhanced standard. I keep reading conflicting information on other posts.
Oh right, I’m almost certain one has to wait 6-months to retake the assesments after not meeting the standard. The OPC would definitely be able to clarify, give them a call? Or SWR recruitment? Is SWR still recruiting for drivers? I thought recruitment closed soon after the latest vacancies opened?

Pete C

If you failed at national standard then you have to wait 6 months for your second (and as things stand, final) try.

Status
Not open for further replies.