• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

K&ESR Mega Bank Holiday Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshW1992

Established Member
The Kent & East Sussex Railway held their mega bank holiday gala this weekend, which ran for all three days, 3rd, 4th and 5th of May. When I visited on the Saturday, most of the trains were double headed, with the occasional triple header!
The featured locos were:
K&ESR A1X Terrier No3 'Bodiam'
K&ESR Austerity 'Northiam'
K&ESR GWR Pannier 1638
NNR N7 69621
B&WR Small Prarie 5552

It was a great day, especially seeing three locos tackle the 1 in 40 Tenterden Bank together!

On the Sunday, I was aware that the newly restored D2023, BR Green class 03 ran a freight train up and down the line, as well as the intensive service operated by the other locos.

Monday however, is set to be one of the biggest gala days ever held by the K&ESR. As I write this at 07.12am, the gala is ahead of me, however I wont be attending.:(
Locos include all of the previous ones, plus another Austerity Tank, and the class 33052. The railway will operate one of the busiest gala days ever attempted, and as usual, they will make a great day of it.

Photos from the event can be seen here:
http://photosbyjosh.fotopic.net/c1504027.html

:-P

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JoshW1992

Established Member
Yeah, I believe it may have used to if been used as the standby loco, but now as 14029 has arrived back, its not.

JoshW1992

Established Member
Yeah, its well worth a visit anytime, but try and make a day when they run two steam locos, instead of a steam and DMU.

TheSlash

Established Member
The feedback is very positive. High visitor numbers and more importantly, fun was had by all!!

TheSlash

Established Member
Good old EKR, have they done anything about my letter yet, or is it screwed up in a waste paper bin?

JoshW1992

Established Member
Well, I have no idea what they have done yet Steve, apart from publish it in the magazine. Thing is, they would be silly to put it in the bin, as it's probably one of the best things that has been brought up in ages. It's true... and no-one can deny it... the points that you have raised could happen... Are they prepared..........? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.