• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Keep your feet off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inversnecky

I was intrigued by this sign inside a class 66 on TS: is this an issue in the real world, or one that particularly afflicts 66 drivers?!

I can hardly envisage a driver with his or her feet up, thumbing through the newspaper!

B39EF252-6B93-4F9C-BB37-82F9BE7F5299.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tpfx89

I have definitely seen feet up there when 66s use to trundle through Huddersfield at 3am if that helps...

75A

Established Member
I was intrigued by this sign inside a class 66 on TS: is this an issue in the real world, or one that particularly afflicts 66 drivers?!

I can hardly envisage a driver with his or her feet up, thumbing through the newspaper!
When you've 9 hours stationery on an Engineering train there's not much else to do!

Nym

Established Member
There have been significant incidents of feet up causing fatalities in other industries. And suspected to cause SPADs and definately causing damage in the UK rail industry.

Pinza-C55

I'm sure it doesn't happen now but I was a guard at Kings Cross in the 1980s and putting their feet up on the desk would be only one of a number of infractions. I vividly remember being at Hornsey station at about midnight and wanting to get back to KX and thumbing a lift from the driver of a Class 47. I got into the cab and the driver was obviously drunk so I was trying to watch the signals while he babbled on. It was only 7 minutes before we arrived but I aged 7 years. When I did route learning to York in the cab of an HST I thought the driver would be doing all kinds of complicated stuff but once we reached Finsbury Park he just opened her up, put his feet up and lit a cigarette.

rf_ioliver

I once saw the driver with his feet up on a 66 southbound through Redhill many years ago.

bengley

Established Member
It's common practice to put ones feet up on a 66.

Status
Not open for further replies.