• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Keighley Bus Museum Trust finally purchanse their garage at Riverside

Ken H

On Moderation
Text lifted from KBMT facebook page. (Note - private group. Membership is required to read it)

KBMT press update;
As noted by Marlene earlier, it is with great pleasure that on Friday 9th February 2024 the Board of Directors of the Keighley Bus Museum Trust in Riverside Keighley received legal confirmation on the purchase of their current home on the Riverside estate off Dalton Lane Keighley culminating in a long process over a great many years.
The Board of Directors wish to thank our former Landlord in his help, our Riverside neighbours the people of Keighley and the media (particularly the Keighley News) in helping to highlight our plight which has brought this to a very satisfying conclusion.
To celebrate this milestone in our history, our first official public open day will take place on Sunday 5th May 2024, and will co-incide with the 100 year anniversary of the 1924 Keighley Clough, the World’s oldest surviving double deck trolleybus and will include free bus services of local buses running around Keighley. Included will be visiting car groups, stalls, refreshments and entertainments so please call down and see us and meet the Board for a great family day out.
More details will follow closer to the event and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Text lifted from KBMT facebook page. (Note - private group. Membership is required to read it)

That is splendid news. I've only been to Keighley once, decades ago, and won't ever go again but I'll be there in spirit! The longest surviving double deck trolleybus is quite a thing to have in your collection and I look forward to pictures and videos of it and the all the other goodies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
That is splendid news. I've only been to Keighley once, decades ago, and won't ever go again but I'll be there in spirit! The longest surviving double deck trolleybus is quite a thing to have in your collection and I look forward to pictures and videos of it and the all the other goodies.
Was it something I said?

I wonder if they'd be up for bringing back the Christmas Day bus services (I know they didn't run the last couple of years of them, but they did for 20 years).