• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kentish Town Stoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPhil

I notice that there are a lot less of these in the peak hours than there used to be and also even less in the evening peak (when annoyingly I need one!). Anyone know the reason for this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveN

I think I understand why there are fewer in the evening peak.

When the full Thameslink Programme was designed, the idea was that the Kentish Town stoppers would be paired with the Sutton/Wimbledon services like they have been for many years. Unfortunately the original design didn’t take the East Midlands services into consideration and had to be tweaked so that in the evening peak the stopping services were paired with the Rainham and Orpington services. That still gave 4 trains per hour.

But the Orpington services aren’t running because of covid, so you only get 2tph in the evening peak at Kentish Town, Cricklewood and Hendon.

Short version : its a hangover from the May 2018 timetable disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.