• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kettering - Oakham (Direct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
Why is there no cheaper fare for this journey when using the direct train ?

(the obvious split results in what would be the kind of fare one would expect to pay for such a journey)

The train is not too well patronised but when two people can get a cab to any destination in and around Oakham from Kettering for the same as the train fare it is hardly surprising.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Good question, I'd suggest asking EMT that! (sorry; this is about the third time in a week that I've suggested people write to EMT asking a ticket related question!) I'd be interested to hear their response!

Northern have a ticket that they issue for certain journeys that involve the Clitheroe - Hellifield line on days when a direct service operates. The usual fares assume travel via other lines (e.g. via Lancaster) as appropriate.

If Northern can do that, then EMT can surely do likewise.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Why is Church Fenton - Keighley so high compared to other fares in the area and why does the split at Micklefield reduce the fare so much? Yes, Yorkie, I know the answer, but don't you think that Northern should own this fare and set it at a reasonable level rather than TPE simply setting at as the same price as the York fare? I'm just making the point that there must be many cases of TOCs setting particularly high fares between certain station pairs - is it worth writing to them about each one?

Edit - sorry, I didn't realise you could travel via Corby. I now realise the scenario is quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.