• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kingussie signal box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsteele1987

Good afternoon

I am looking to find out what kind of signal box is currently at Kingussie, Lever frame etc? And what area it covers? I believe potentially from dalwhinnie to aviemore ? I have applied for a position there and I have an interview coming up shortly, just looking to find out more information of what the role involves at that location.

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave Tasty

Good afternoon

I am looking to find out what kind of signal box is currently at Kingussie, Lever frame etc? And what area it covers? I believe potentially from dalwhinnie to aviemore ? I have applied for a position there and I have an interview coming up shortly, just looking to find out more information of what the role involves at that location.

Many thanks

Found a couple of pictures circa 1978. Not sure how much help it will be.

John Webb

Established Member
The box dates from 1924. As at the end of 2019 it had 17 levers (two spare) and controls barriers on the adjacent level crossing. (Information from "The Encyclopaedia of 21st Century Signal Boxes" by Michael Rhodes, published by Platform 5, ISBN 978 1 909431 66 9)

John Bishop

Good afternoon

Many thanks

Have you considered trying to arrange a box visit? Im sure they will be accommodating up there!

Rsteele1987

Thanks a lot for your help everybody sorry I haven’t been in sooner to thank you, mine and my wife’s baby arrived earlier than expected much appreciated

Rsteele1987

how did you get on?
Got offered a job last week, I was a reserve on the original listing, and then my application was moved across to another vacancy were I was successful, sent all the paperwork off on Friday just waiting on the DBS coming back and when they will book my medical

tmac

Congratulations! I was offered Kingussie and had my medical Friday. i think that is the last hurdle. My LOM says it will be January/Feb at Shettleston.

Status
Not open for further replies.