• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kirkdale - Penzance

Status
Not open for further replies.

First class

Established Member
Hi,

I want to travel Kirkdale - Penzance on 05 Jan 2009.

I (will) have my new ATOC TOC Card well before then so 75% discount comes into play.

I want to travel via London and the sleeper, but a walkup SOR is not valid via London.

I was thinking do a Liverpool-London SOR, route London Midland Only for £17.50 and then a SOR between London & Penzance, but that is £64.25!!

Anyone know if there is any cheaper way of doing it so I can get the sleeper, e.g. from Reading? A Kirkdale-Penzance ticket is around £55, but the route is packed via XC!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Just a reminder not to use 3 letter station codes in thread titles; these can be confusing to other members/visitors.

devon_metro

Established Member
According to the FGW website Off peak tickets are valid on the sleeper so that will be £18.75 (PAD-PNZ) although i'd ask at a ticket office as it mentions paying a supplement (£6 undiscounted) which you may or may not have to pay.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Do you need to go via London? You could get the sleeper at Reading instead?

It's £40 supplement for a single berth cabin, £30 shared berth cabin. IIRC it used to be about £10 to upgrade to First Class seating but I think it's all First Class seating now...

Last edited:

glynn80

Established Member
According to the FGW website Off peak tickets are valid on the sleeper so that will be £18.75 (PAD-PNZ) although i'd ask at a ticket office as it mentions paying a supplement (£6 undiscounted) which you may or may not have to pay.

Priv is only valid for discounts against "Anytime" tickets not "Off-Peak" tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.