• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Knaresborough - modifications over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
I was at Knaresborough today and noticed that a large section of wall had a Wooden lintel high up and a space had been bricked up on Plat 1. Anyone know what this was?

Also, has Knaresborough station changed much over the years since, say the Pre-grouping era? It seems like it can’t have changed a great deal.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 270B032E-06FA-465E-85B4-DE6ECED1751E.jpeg
    270B032E-06FA-465E-85B4-DE6ECED1751E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Capybara

I was at Knaresborough today and noticed that a large section of wall had a Wooden lintel high up and a space had been bricked up on Plat 1. Anyone know what this was?

Also, has Knaresborough station changed much over the years since, say the Pre-grouping era? It seems like it can’t have changed a great deal.

Cheers!
The answer might be on the station itself. I was there on Saturday and on the other platform there is a small display by the Friends of Knaresborough Station. I didn't read it all as I was on the way to Platform 1 from the Track and Sleeper, but it mentioned how the line was intended to be closed following Beeching but that was fought off and the only change was the removal of station buildings on Platform 1.

Last edited:

Pinza-C55

It looks like an entrance to a waiting room, porters or possibly a bookstall as the brickwork is clearly shoved into the hole. The seat must have been built or extended after this was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.