• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

KWVR Steam Gala 2024

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Excellent, I may well make the effort to attend this, which is easier with the good notice. A very varied line up too :)

1Q18

Pendennis would be mildly tempting (albeit slightly incongruous on a Midland branch line) if I wasn't otherwise engaged. Plenty of Swindon fans around all over the country, though, so I imagine this pair should do well!

Veteran Member
Pendennis would be mildly tempting (albeit slightly incongruous on a Midland branch line) if I wasn't otherwise engaged.
It goes with the Standard lined green with "Machynlleth" on the buffer beam :)

alexl92

Established Member
Is this year to be the year of the GWR-themed galas?
That's Keighley and Bluebell both announcing GWR 4-6-0s as visitors, in the Bluebell's case a rather baffling choice for its Branch Line Gala which is traditionally small engines.

Trainlog

That's Keighley and Bluebell both announcing GWR 4-6-0s as visitors, in the Bluebell's case a rather baffling choice for its Branch Line Gala which is traditionally small engines.
It is Pendennis Castle's centennary this year, so it's a bit more understandable that there will be a lot more visits from that loco. The Epping-Ongar is having Lady of Legend visiting in April for another GWR-themed gala so I can see a bit of a trend.

For anyone that hasn't seen Pendennis Castle yet, it is well worth seeing that loco - especially on a steep gradient line:)

1Q18

A Manor is at least at the small end of the scale of GWR 4-6-0s…

Iskra

Established Member
On a tangential note, the KWVR is running every weekend now, which is great at this time of year as there’s often not many railways running :)

YorkshireBear

Established Member
On a tangential note, the KWVR is running every weekend now, which is great at this time of year as there’s often not many railways running :)
There is engineering work affecting services but there is a good rail replacement vintage bus from Keighley to Ingrow.

xotGD

Established Member
There is engineering work affecting services but there is a good rail replacement vintage bus from Keighley to Ingrow.
This also means that services are top and tailed. Steam uphill, diesel downhill. The 37 is due to be on the Keighley end on Saturday. :D