• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lack of Avanti 1st class availablity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotTrains

I've been looking to get the 1840 from Glasgow Central but cannot find any first class availability any day of the week, any month. I've used different booking systems and checked different destinations; Carlisle, Preston, London but first class always appears to be fully booked, yet from experience this service is rarely full.
The 1852 Avanti departure from Edinburgh seems to have the same issue.

Is there a reason first class is unbookable for these services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lytham Local

Will be watching this one. Had the same problem back in June where I tried to get a walk on cheap day single from Glasgow to Preston, but none of the apps or even the TVM in Central would sell it. Strange as like you say 1st class is usually pretty quiet on this leg.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Will be watching this one. Had the same problem back in June where I tried to get a walk on cheap day single from Glasgow to Preston, but none of the apps or even the TVM in Central would sell it. Strange as like you say 1st class is usually pretty quiet on this leg.

I wonder if it only has Coach K for 1st on this service and thus that they think there'll be enough people on the return half of a First Anytime Return to fill it?

You can of course buy a ticket at a booking office without a reservation, or buy a First Anytime on another service and use it on that one.

dave87016

Established Member
Yes I’ve noticed the going south the 18:40 no longer has first class tickets in October they are £140 -£160

Going north in October first class tickets from Preston the 0814 has gone cheaper the 0853 no longer has them , the 0941 has gone up about £7

Trackman

Established Member
How strange...
Just had a look myself.
Send them a DM Tweet or X or whatever it's called now.

Status
Not open for further replies.