• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Landslide between Mossley and Stalybridge yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyvegas

At about 5pm yesterday, TPE tweeted the following:-

Due to a landslide at the entrance to Scout Tunnel, services between Huddersfield, Stalybridge and Manchester... http://fb.me/LC0TlXyh

https://twitter.com/TPExpressTrains

If you follow the link, it then tells you that the problem is due to signalling in Greenfield. I am curious on two points, firstly was there really a landslide. Secondly, I am pretty sure the whole line was closed for engineering works yesterday and replacement busses were in operation.

Can anyone shed any light?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Buspilot

The stone fascia to one end of Scout Tunnel collapsed onto the tracks yesterday.

It was not a landslip.

The tracks were cleared of stonework by early today and speed restrictions put in place whilst repairs are carried out.

Established Member
Looks totally unstable at the mo. I'm amazed it's been opened to traffic.

Buspilot

Only some TPE services are running through. The Hull service is starting at Huddersfield. Northern is operating buses from Stalybridge to Huddersfield and back. This arrangement said to be in place until 18.00.

trickyvegas

Yeah, good job it was on a Sunday, when the line was closed and a plentiful supply of engineers working at Stalybridge.

ushawk

Established Member
Only some TPE services are running through. The Hull service is starting at Huddersfield. Northern is operating buses from Stalybridge to Huddersfield and back. This arrangement said to be in place until 18.00.

Thats due to signalling problems though, unrelated to the "landslide".

eastdyke

Established Member
Seems a question of cause or effect judged on the Network Rail tweet:

'Repairs are ongoing to a signalling cable damaged by the Scout Tunnel landslip which is affecting services'

pdq

The conductor on my train from Dew to Man this morning announced that the disruption was caused by problems with the new signalling setup at Stalybridge where it's now controlled from Manchester. He didn't mention the landslip at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

M60lad

Problems stilll ongoing tonight to National Rail with delays of upto 60 minutes until further notice between Stalybridge and Huddersfield, also additional delays to TPX services to/from Liverpool due to further signalling problems through Trafford Park

Chapeltom

Established Member
Problems stilll ongoing tonight to National Rail with delays of upto 60 minutes until further notice between Stalybridge and Huddersfield, also additional delays to TPX services to/from Liverpool due to further signalling problems through Trafford Park

Its generally been a bad day for TPE and a bad evening peak for Northern stoppers between Lime St and Oxford Road. Many stoppers to Liverpool were leaving 20+ down from Mossley Hill. Some TPE services for Liverpool Lime Street never even made it, the 1312 from Oxford Road was about 80 down earlier and terminated at Warrington.

My journey back has been hell-ish. 1835 Mossley Hill to Manchester Oxford Road arrived 18 down (after leaving MSH 38 down on its journey into Lime St!) It then arrived at MCO 33 down. Then the 2007 (TPE from Warrington Ctrl? To Hull) from Oxford Road left 27 down due to waiting for train crew off another delayed service, by this time I'd already walked to Manchester Picc.

It happens.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Its generally been a bad day for TPE and a bad evening peak for Northern stoppers between Lime St and Oxford Road. Many stoppers to Liverpool were leaving 20+ down from Mossley Hill. Some TPE services for Liverpool Lime Street never even made it, the 1312 from Oxford Road was about 80 down earlier and terminated at Warrington.

My journey back has been hell-ish. 1835 Mossley Hill to Manchester Oxford Road arrived 18 down (after leaving MSH 38 down on its journey into Lime St!) It then arrived at MCO 33 down. Then the 2007 (TPE from Warrington Ctrl? To Hull) from Oxford Road left 27 down due to waiting for train crew off another delayed service, by this time I'd already walked to Manchester Picc.

It happens.

Which begs the question, as you study in Liverpool why not live in Liverpool? You would surely save yourself a lot of time, trouble and more importantly, money!

Yes, I was badly delayed (along with loads of other passengers) on the 15:55 ex Leeds. Arrived an hour late. It was terminated at Manchester Piccadilly; and didn't go through, to the Airport. Fair play to FTPE conductor - did his best to keep us informed. Personally, I cannot complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.