• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds area electrification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
So i've looked on a few threads and the like, and i've noticed that Leeds - Micklefield - Selby will be electrified.

However, i've not seen anything on Micklefield - York. Is this being electrified? I've seen posts speaking of a transpennine electric service between Manchester/Liverpool and Newcastle which would say yes to my question, but i've not seen anything to suggest that the gap between Micklefield and York will be filled.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
So i've looked on a few threads and the like, and i've noticed that Leeds - Micklefield - Selby will be electrified.

However, i've not seen anything on Micklefield - York. Is this being electrified? I've seen posts speaking of a transpennine electric service between Manchester/Liverpool and Newcastle which would say yes to my question, but i've not seen anything to suggest that the gap between Micklefield and York will be filled.

Leeds to Colton Jn is definitely already being done as part of the North Transpennine route announced way back. However the DfT press releases didn't mention it originally because they thought no-one would have heard of Colton Jn.

Status
Not open for further replies.