• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds to London not via Wakefiekd

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightatLaira

Someone mentioned to me a curious once a day service that used to operate in GNER days that left Leeds station and didn't call at Wakefield Westgate or Kirkgate. Apparently it joined the ECML somewhere between York and Doncaster, and then ran semi fast to London.

Anyone have any more details on this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I recall a train left Leeds in the morning via Micklefield & Hambleton Junction, it was possibly a Saturday service.

The Skipton train used to use this route in the other direction, to avoid reversing at Leeds. Until relatively recently Class 91s were not able to run to Skipton (due to power supply issues), so this made a lot of sense.

The Saturday morning Skipton service still does operate this route. I believe it was the Harrogate service back in GNER days.

Status
Not open for further replies.