• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds to Scarborough TPE service shown on open data sites as "unadvertised" but is open for bookings

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
I don't know if this is a problem with TPE, or Trainsplit, but it's letting me book onto a service that's marked as an 'Unadvertised Express' on RTT - the 05:52 Leeds to Scarborough on 22/12/22:

(The screenshot below is of the Trainsplit website, showing a booking of the above service)

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 9.29.24 am.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I don't know if this is a problem with TPE, or Trainsplit, but it's letting me book onto a service that's marked as an 'Unadvertised Express' on RTT - the 05:52 Leeds to Scarborough on 22/12/22:
National Rail says it's a valid service, as does Trainline. Plus you can book advances on it, so RARS agrees as well.

They'll have given it an odd train category in the timetable. Unadvertised express is "XU", it probably should be "XX" (Express passenger)

Tom

This one is very strange.

NR data has a VAR for this service - an XU as mentioned.
I've just pulled the RSP data for this service - and the VAR isn't mentioned at all (not even as a CAN for that service).

Looks like an error in processing somewhere in the matrix.

All the data sites that run off NR data are reflecting the XU. All the sites that (I assume) use RSP are not.

(Edit: the VAR on that train was put in on 07/12, I've reported it upstream)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.