• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds - York - Barnsley - Leeds. Cheapest way of doing things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil35

Hi,

Tomorrow I am getting a train from Leeds to York, and then later on in the day going from York to Barnsley, which will mean I pass through Leeds. Then on Monday I will travel back from Barnsley to Leeds.

One option is to get a Leeds - York off peak day return for tomorrow at £7.35 (with railcard discount) and then a Leeds - Barnsley anytime return for £6.85, totalling £14.20.

I just wondered if there was another way of doing things that couple save me a couple of pounds?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wbbminerals

How about using a West Yorkshire Day Rover in West Yorks, getting a return from Micklefield - York and a return from Darton - Barnsley. I'm not sure if this will come out cheaper though and you would as a consequence have to travel on local 'stopper' trains! EDIT: no it's not cheaper this comes out at £15.30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.