• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lego Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuddie

Hi Everyone

I thought I'd share with you my design for a Lego Leyland National finished in London Transport red.

It's 6 studs wide, seats for 8 minifig passengers plus a driver, luggage rack, detailed cab area, visible engine at rear.

Comments and suggestions welcome, it would cost approx £40 to build using new bricks.
Leyland National 2 door 01.jpgLeyland National 2 door 02.jpgLeyland National 2 door 03.jpgLeyland National 2 door 04.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Red Onion

Has quite a classic Lego feel to it which I like. Just a random question but is the front door purposely in a yellow frame? Not a criticism, I can’t picture the original paint scheme just now!

Flange Squeal

Established Member

spuddie

Yep, what Red Onion said with the helpful picture. They also had blue seats which I have used too.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi Everyone

I thought I'd share with you my design for a Lego Leyland National finished in London Transport red.

It's 6 studs wide, seats for 8 minifig passengers plus a driver, luggage rack, detailed cab area, visible engine at rear.

Comments and suggestions welcome, it would cost approx £40 to build using new bricks.
View attachment 129127View attachment 129128View attachment 129129View attachment 129130

It’s really good. I love the offset radiator grille and the smooth roof.

What about getting destination stickers printed for it? You could even make the front ones full width with the red divides either side of the actual blind to capture the classic shape above the windscreen maybe?

spuddie

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, If I do build one I will def look at sticker options to add some more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.