• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Letter of intended prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH86

If they have not already laid the information before the court (the technical term for the first step in a prosecution) then any prosecution would be out of time and the magistrates cannot take the case.

I see. I’m not sure if due to Covid-19 there could be an extension?
I’ll need to wait for more information I suppose.
Super stressful.

Write an honest response about the mistake, apologise, don't repeat the criticism of the staff concerned, and offer again to pay the fare and any costs involved in dealing with the matter.
While it sounds like it's out of time for prosecution, they could still withdraw travel facilities and/or report it to the employer as a disciplinary matter.

This is the course of action I would take. My husband did ring SouthEastern customer services to see if there was a way to be transferred to the prosecutions team. There wasn’t.
They stated that there should have been a statement attached to the letter so advised to write a letter asking for the all the documentation and go from there.

All to worrying for an honest mistake.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.