• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA RAIL ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescumisky84

Evening all
I’m looking at completing the

LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA
RAIL ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE

With engineering futures as you get senintel card and PTS also

Is this the best route and can anyone recommend anywhere that will give new starters a chance ?

Thanks

James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stuart-h

What tickets have you got on your pts?

If you can get in with the big ones ie network rail, Amey, Volker rail ect go for it.

Failing that theres agenceys. Im with Coyles. Theres also Vital in Central Milton Keynes, Redstone in York.

jamescumisky84

I’m in the process of enrolling on the course but at times I feel people are more salesmen then course advisors and career advisors if you catch my drift

I don’t hold any other tickets I’m
Literally a beginner to the industry
You get your PTS TIC and network rail approved senintel card ? Will that be enough to get my foot in the door ? Realisticly ?

The course is like 6k

Stuart-h

When I done my pts a few years back I just done the basic course. Didn't do the tic on top of that. I managed to get in with out doing the diploma as well!

Your pts will get you in. I managed to get in with coyles when I passed the course. It's just finding someone to take you on and get the experience! :)

Stuart-h

Yep. I’m still working for them.
Give the York office a call tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.