• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Level crossing incident at Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfc3024

stv news said:
A pedestrian has died after colliding with a train on the rail line in Motherwell.

The incident happened at about 8.30am on Tuesday on the Logans Road level crossing in the north of the town.

ScotRail said train services were disrupted for around two hours while the scene was cleared and inspected.

Some Virgin Trains and CrossCountry services that usually stop at Motherwell were diverted via Holytown.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/232385-trains-delayed-after-man-killed-in-collision-on-level-crossing/

Not nice to hear.

I know that level crossing very well and it sits on the WCML. Traffic can get held for a while in the mornings and evenings due to a number of express commuter trains to Glasgow and Virgin and CrossCountry services going through.

Given that the report says that "There are no suspicious circumstances. A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal", I assume that there has not been an issue with the barriers failing to come down to stop traffic.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

michael769

Established Member
Given that the report says that "There are no suspicious circumstances. A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal", I assume that there has not been an issue with the barriers failing to come down to stop traffic.

No that would not be a safe assumption. The term "No suspicious circumstances" simply means that the police are not treating it as a deliberate killing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.