• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lichfield TV to Imperial Wharf

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmbarton

On the 27th June, I need to travel from Lichfield TV to Imperial Wharf. I need to be there by about 11:30am and will be leaving sometime after about 5:30pm. I have a disabled adult railcard and also an oyster card.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way of doing this? It seems to me I could change at either Milton Keynes Central or Watford Junction for the Southern service to Croydon, and presumably I could split the ticket at one of those. Also, I could get out at Watford, go out of the station and touch back in with the oyster card for that part of the journey.

The other option is to travel to Parsons Green on the District Line, but I think that would require even more changes, including probably going across central London which I try to avoid!

All suggestions welcome!

David

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Just to clarify, when you say the "best" way of doing this, do you mean with the minimum number of interchanges, and avoiding the Underground, or do you mean the cheapest fare?

One suggestion is to get the 0840 London Midland service from Lichfield Trent Valley to Milton Keynes Central (arrive 1004) change there for the 1013 Southern service from Milton Keynes Central to Imperial Wharf (arrive 1126). The service from Lichfield arrives on Platform 1 at Milton Keynes Central, and the Southern service departs from Platform 2 at Milton Keynes Central. The platforms are adjacent.

On the way back, you could get the 1744 Southern service from Imperial Wharf to Milton Keynes Central (arrive 1900) change there for the 1923 London Midland service from Milton Keynes Central to Lichfield Trent Valley (arrive 2036). You would need to change trains from Platform 2 to Platform 5 at Milton Keynes Central. There is a lift available on both platforms.

Cost for the Lichfield TV to Milton Keynes Central leg would be £11.55 for an Off-Peak day Return with railcard discount. You could do the Milton Keynes Central to Imperial Wharf leg with a Southern DaySave Ticket (bookable 7 days in advance) costing £12.00. No railcard discounts.

Don't need to use the Oyster card.

Total £23.55

Last edited:

dcmbarton

Just to clarify, when you say the "best" way of doing this, do you mean with the minimum number of interchanges, and avoiding the Underground, or do you mean the cheapest fare?
Cheapest probably. I don't mind a lot of changes, so long as there's plenty of time for them - with my eyesight, I can make the changes, but I'm just slow! I try to avoid central London where possible.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Hopefully 9 minutes for the cross-platform connection at Milton Keynes Central should be sufficient transfer time on the outward leg, and 23 minutes for the interchange at Milton Keynes Central on the return leg which requires the lift(s) and/or the stairs.

Don't forget that if you do go for the suggested Southern DaySave Ticket for the section of the journey from Milton Keynes Central to Imperial Wharf, it has to be booked (online only, I believe) at least 7 days in advance.

Unless anyone can suggest something even cheaper than an overall £23.55.

tony_mac

Established Member
Splitting at Watford would be £13.55 + £4.30
it gives you a 20 minute conection in the morning, 40 minutes on the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.