• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Light trails and (deliberate) blurred trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ash39

Established Member
Some lovely shots there. I don't like light trails for the sake of it, or when there's no interest in the shot other than the trails, but you've clearly thought about that in your shots. The forth bridge one is great.

ash39

Established Member
That's a great shot, missed that when I looked through your set. Perfectly positioned in the middle of the frame as well.

I managed to catch an arc on 90024 passing through York on the sleeper, considering the shutter speed was only 1/60 I was chuffed to get it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ash_3939/8610208757/

transmanche

Established Member
Some great shots there - and providing interesting compositions for people who don't care for trains or train photography too.

I particularly like the 'ghostliness' of the train in the Dam Dykes crossing pic. (Another thing I like is how Flickr shows the EXIF data, meaning those of us less skilled can get a bit of 'inside info' of the settings that might work for us!)

mp01

ash39 - the arc is cool.

causton - yeah, it's partly the camera, but it's also practice and experience whatever the camera, and getting the right location and lighting and cropping. And not admitting to the 90 per cent of shots that have to count as "experimental" and never make it anywhere near flickr!

transmanche - thanks, the one of skyfall from Dam Dykes is one of my favourites. It was about my 10th image of the evening and I was just about getting the hang of the location, light etc by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.