• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Line rover enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

102 fan

Hi

I'm enquiring about rover tickets. My friend And I hope to go to York at the end of April. I'll be using my FIP. Is there a suitable rover for Newcastle to York, taking in Peterborough? Or would it be cheaper to book now?

Thanks

Brian.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Without checking, apart from the ALR, the only rovers available are the North East 4 in 8 (Berwick - Retford) and the East Midlands 3 in 7 (P'boro - Doncaster). I'm not sure if the latter is valid completely between Doncaster and Peterborough though.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The East Midlands Flexirover (3 in 7) is valid between Peterborough and Doncaster on the ECML.

Confusingly, the East Midlands Day Ranger is NOT valid on the ECML except between Peterborough and Grantham.

David

Established Member
Ah! That's the rover I was thinking off that wasn't valid for the full distance between Doncaster and Peterborough.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Ah! That's the rover I was thinking off that wasn't valid for the full distance between Doncaster and Peterborough.

I always have to double check those two as well, the names are similar but areas completely different.

To answer the OP, if you know exactly when you are travelling then you may be best off simply purchasing Advances for a direct journey. If you're looking to do some local travelling in each area, the above combination of rovers would probably be the most appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.