• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Linking Railway staff leisure cards with oyster card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoUK

Hi guys,

Several of my colleagues Have informed me that they managed to successfully link their rail staff leisure pass (priv card) to their Oyster cards at ticket offices.

The main purpose of this is to allow my dependents to access the discount they are eligible for using just their Oyster card for journeys on both overground and underground journeys and negating the need to attempt to purchase a paper ticket (the ticket machines don’t seem to have the priv discount and staffed ticket offices are becoming increasing difficult to locate especially on weekends).

Despite my colleagues success with this, I am struggling to do this myself as Overground, Underground and National Rail ticket offices have all advised me they no longer have Oyster card facilities..

So I am unsure of where to go next? Any ideas ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Need2

Hi guys,

Several of my colleagues Have informed me that they managed to successfully link their rail staff leisure pass (priv card) to their Oyster cards at ticket offices.

The main purpose of this is to allow my dependents to access the discount they are eligible for using just their Oyster card for journeys on both overground and underground journeys and negating the need to attempt to purchase a paper ticket (the ticket machines don’t seem to have the priv discount and staffed ticket offices are becoming increasing difficult to locate especially on weekends).

Despite my colleagues success with this, I am struggling to do this myself as Overground, Underground and National Rail ticket offices have all advised me they no longer have Oyster card facilities..

So I am unsure of where to go next? Any ideas ?
I had my priv added to my oyster at Waterloo (a couple of years ago now).
I tried the ticket office first, who Couldn’t do it but told me to go downstairs to the underground gate line and ask there.
Went down and asked and a member of LU staff did the business via the normal oyster /ticket machine.
Don’t forget you’ll have to do it to ALL of your families cards every year when they are renewed :frown:
Good luck

RJ

Established Member
With the rail staff leisure card it sounds like you need to load two discounts.

There’s one discount for National Rail only services. This has to be done at a TfL Rail or London Overground station.

There’s a separate one for TfL Rail modes only - this can be loaded at the above or a London Underground station.

Good luck with it!

bengley

Established Member
With the rail staff leisure card it sounds like you need to load two discounts.

There’s one discount for National Rail only services. This has to be done at a TfL Rail or London Overground station.

There’s a separate one for TfL Rail modes only - this can be loaded at the above or a London Underground station.

Good luck with it!
Incorrect. The NR only discount can be added at an LUL station.

Source: I used to work for LUL as a CSA.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Hi all, I'm going to lock this for now as there is already a thread in the Fares forum regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.