• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool - Frodsham validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Established Member
Hello

I'm organising a trip with work colleagues to visit some pubs in Chester & Frodsham in a few weeks time, and spotted an off peak day return for £7.45, which seems to be pretty good value.

As the routeing is shown as "Any Permitted", I assume that I can go out via Chester using Merseyrail, but come back to Liverpool through Warrington BQ? A quick look on the ATOC routeing guide suggests that's correct, but some reassurance I've looked at the right thing would be appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Silverdale

The ticket you have found should do the Liverpool-Chester-Frodsham-(via Warrington)-Liverpool trip for you.

It wouldn't undercut a Liverpool-(via Warrington)-Chester ticket, because as soon as you passed Frodsham, you would be on the return leg and the only way back to Liverpool without doubling back would be via Birkenhead, not Warrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.