• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool Steet Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawallace

Looking at maps of the station - there is entrance off the corner of Old Broad Street - and I am trying to work out where it leads to?

I know there is an exit from the Central Line - is this it?

What other entrances are there to the underground station? apart from the two within the mainline station?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Looking at maps of the station - there is entrance off the corner of Old Broad Street - and I am trying to work out where it leads to?

I know there is an exit from the Central Line - is this it?

What other entrances are there to the underground station? apart from the two within the mainline station?
Across the road opposite McDonalds for those wanting to avoid stairs.

Established Member
Initially it takes you down to the Hammersmith & City line platforms. The Central line platforms are a lot deeper but can be accessed from just off the Eastbound platform if you use the Old Broad Street entrance. There are two entrances to the Central line near platforms 1 and 11 off the main concourse, but the main underground entrance to all lines is on the opposite side of the concourse.

mawallace

So is quicker to enter the underground from the old broad street entrance to enter the central line or to walk further into the mainline station and access it from there?

Established Member
So is quicker to enter the underground from the old broad street entrance to enter the central line or to walk further into the mainline station and access it from there?

Not a lot in it, and not a big enough difference to worry about. If you use the Old Broad St entrance but there’s an eastbound train on the H&C you’ll get mixed up with the crowds off that so personally I’d use the main entrance but someone else may say the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.