• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to Blaenau returning from Bangor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Next Thursday I'm planning on doing both the Festiniog and Welsh Highland in a day.

Would a day return to Bangor (more expensive than a return to Blaenau) with a zero excess to Blaenau be the cheapest option?

YP RailCard

Free travel on the FR and WHR

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Are you getting the bus from Caernarfon to Bangor? And any Railcards?

Last edited:

sonic2009

Established Member
Best ticket i can suggest is a North Wales Rover All zones costing £17.80 with a railcard, valid from Chester to Blaneu & returning from Bangor. This ticket is valid all day, and also valid on the buses as well, and you can get a 50% reduction on fares with the above ticket on the Ffestinog & West Highland railway too :)

You would then need a ticket from Liverpool to Chester SDR £6.95 without railcard discount, as i would assume you would be travelling early before 10am?

Last edited:

gazthomas

Established Member
Could a "Ffestiniog Round Robin" be of use?

While strictly a circular ticket I can't see this being an issue (note to self - you are about to be shot down).

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/ExploreWales/FfestiniogRoundRobin/

£24.40 YP from Liverpool. You would need a single Porthmadog to Caernarfon on the WHR and a bus then to Bangor.

Veteran Member
Even with the Stagecoach Staff Pass for Caernarfon-Bangor AND free travel on the FR and WHR I reckon Sonic's suggestion of the NW Rover is as good as it gets.

BTW: if you can make the 10am start at Caernarfon, I'd do the Ffestiniog "uphill" - but the WHR is worth doing in both directions anyway, so you can always come back for more (I have, even though it was half price!)

Last edited:

burns20

I get free travel on the Fest and WHR so thats a cost taken out.

Sorry should have mentioned that before.

Liverpool to Caernarfon for 10am hmm doable?

Polarbear

Established Member
Liverpool to Caernarfon is just about do-able for the 10:00 departure. If you can make the 07:11 ex Chester up the coast, that'll arrive in Bangor for 08:37 which will leave enough time to get down to Caernarfon.

Enjoy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.