• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Living by the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Alongside the Coventry - Rugby section (West Mids part) of the WCML line, the Sowe Viaduct is a 10-min away. On the other side of the line to me is a district of Cov called Willenhall - an area which had a reputation for tresspass and vandalism for some years.

Oh Willenhall! What a place! ;) I have a friend who lives in nearby Binley. I'm surprised there isn't a railway station at Willenhall, as it covers the area bounded by the Rugby to Coventry Line.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Nothing where I am now although if I walk about 5 mins I can see one of the viaducts carrying the Huddersfield Line. Carry on walking (as I did yesterday) and you eventually end up alongside said line (there is a bridge across the line which gives a great view both ways along part of the line - got a pic of 185108 yesterday on my phone but I know there is better to be had there)

When I was down in MK for a year, I was about 15 mins walk away from the station and therefore the line - I am certain I could hear the horns of passing trains on a quiet evening, especially in summer with the window open.

Likewise while living in Stafford, I could hear the whir of the likes of the Pendos on the WCML nearby - only after living there for a few months did I find out that the line was closer than I find realised!

Michael.Y

Established Member
Should everything go to plan, I will move from above the South Wales Main line to next to it (albeit not in sight) this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.