• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Llanelli - Shrewsbury Change of route Excess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Just a qucik question to check my calculations are right!

I am thinking of going to Bridgnorth via the train and bus on Saturday for the SVR diesel event.

If I buy the day return via the Heart of Wales line at £21.80. and the bus back from Bridgnorth is late causing me to miss the 1805 service via Llandrindod, would the change of route excess via the Marches be £18.80?

I am calculating half the difference in price between the via Newport return of £59.40 and the £21.80 already paid.

£59.40 - £21.80 = £37.60/2 = £18.80

(If anyone can advise the cost of the bus between Shrewsbury and Bridgnorth, that would be very helpful!)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
You could always get a Heart of Wales circular ranger at £30 if you think the chances are high that you will miss the return.
An Arriva daysaver is £5.20 so that is the most you will pay.

Peterr

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks Peter!

That is my dilemma! Do I pay the extra £8.20 for peace of mind? I'm beginning to think it's worth it. I will be available to get a pint somwewhere on the way home, and I'll be able to relax knowing I can catch any train!

Thanks as well Clagmonster. I think I've finally mastered excesses. Well, change of route anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.