• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM Desiros interiors

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hn0

I've been on 2 different London Midland Desiros recently on the trent valley line and they had different interiors.

One had 3 + 2 seating with thin board-like green seats and no tables/shelf, the other had usual 2 + 2 seating with full tables and comfortable blue seats.

anyone know why there is a difference?

yes the green interiors had more capacity but they were desperately uncomfortable and unpractical.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

th 3+2 seating is in the newer 350/2s that I think are to be used on the high density services (and you have to be quite dense to get on one :D) the 350/1 is the 2+2 seating one, as far as I know it is used on the faster serices (hence the tables and comfort and stuff). when I travel on lndon midland I always try to get a 350/1 because it is their best unit

Established Member
th 3+2 seating is in the newer 350/2s that I think are to be used on the high density services (and you have to be quite dense to get on one :D) the 350/1 is the 2+2 seating one, as far as I know it is used on the faster serices (hence the tables and comfort and stuff). when I travel on lndon midland I always try to get a 350/1 because it is their best unit
They are diagrammed as a common fleet.

jv3531

The ideas were that they were "supposed" to be kept as seperate fleets, ie. the 350/1s would work the longer distance services such as the crew/liverpools etc and that as said previously the 350/2s were meant for local work, hense the higher seating capacities. However, as we tend to see generally accross the board the services can be worked either by "down-graded" (using the term very loosly!!!) units of a lower spec or a mixture. Most of the ideas inpractice seem to be if it runs and the drivers sign it then goes out - mainly to keep services running rather than caping them or having to have un-necessary changeovers en-route.

Most people probably woulddn't know much different - it's a train, it runs so we'll catch it!

One of the other problems TOCs face is of course penaltys - some service have to be worked by certain types of train to avoid penalties being enforced - this is why you'l see certain services are formed regardlessly of the cost to other services of a certain type of train.

Daimler

Established Member
They're used as one fleet at the moment, but it'd be nice to think this'll change when they've received the full lot of 350/2s and have got ride of the 321s - as their stock pool will be fixed then.

While I prefer the /1s, I like the /2s as well - they're a big improvement on the 321s!

j0hn0

While I prefer the /1s, I like the /2s as well - they're a big improvement on the 321s!

that really isn't difficlut though :)

Once they've phased out the 321's on the WCML, I will be happy. Noisy, dirty, uncomfortable, cramped and awful ex silverlink liveries.

More 350's please, except, why can't they make the 350/2's to have the same amount of padding on the seats as the 1's?

Status
Not open for further replies.