• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Additional Stops

There are 26 trains listed on LNER’s website today as making additional stops ‘due to industrial action’ (presumably the Hitachi dispute, which is referred to at the top of the Travel Alerts page). Yet, there are NO trains shown as cancelled (at least not yet)!? Does anyone know what is going on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Engineering works also mean no trains into King’s Cross from yesterday until Tuesday. All services start/terminate Peterborough.

Engineering works also mean no trains into King’s Cross from yesterday until Tuesday. All services start/terminate Peterborough.
True, but not really relevant to my question. All the trains with added stops start/terminate at Peterborough or North thereof.

dk1

Veteran Member
True, but not really relevant to my question. All the trains with added stops start/terminate at Peterborough or North thereof.

Not sure then if the timetable was ‘thinned out’ in advance then knowing not enough trains/crews where going to be available & that these stops where always planned to be added to assist intermediate stations. As you say very few cancellations are shown.

Just seen that XC are cancelling several trains between Edinburgh & Newcastle due to industrial action and one between Edinburgh & Derby.

Last edited:

PG

Established Member
Just seen that XC are cancelling several trains between Edinburgh & Newcastle due to industrial action and one between Edinburgh & Derby.
Interesting to note that, from what I can find, RMT yesterday (Saturday 17th) had supposedly suspended strike action in the Hitachi dispute which was scheduled for today + Tuesday & Wednesday.
Notes:

RMT suspended the following days of strike action:

Sunday 18th February 2024
Tuesday 20th February 2024
Wednesday 21st February 2024

Established Member
There are 26 trains listed on LNER’s website today as making additional stops ‘due to industrial action’ (presumably the Hitachi dispute, which is referred to at the top of the Travel Alerts page). Yet, there are NO trains shown as cancelled (at least not yet)!? Does anyone know what is going on?
A lot of pcoded trains for today. These are removed from the system yesterday prior to 22:00.

They should show on departure boards as cancelled, and they show on RTT as cancelled.

I make it 20 full cancellations for today.
And also 6 services running around As 5 car nice 10 car, and 6 services running around as 5 car vice 9 car.

Last edited: