• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Advance Tickets Disappearing?

takethegame

I travel regularly between Spalding and Kings Cross and usually purchase in advance where possible to get the best deal. However, LNER are now only showing three flexible ticket types for sale (Super Off-Peak, Anytime and Anytime 1st) between SPA and KGX (and vice-versa) and no advance tickets at all. I can purchase separate tickets to Peterborough and then advance tickets to Kings Cross as before, but the cost saving is much less than where I could previously buy a through advance ticket. Is this a temporary glitch or has there been some sort of policy change?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
This is due to a recent Routeing Guide change, where EMR and LNER "& connections" tickets were incorrectly altered so they were only valid on the relevant TOC.

This has broken the "& connections" part, as the connection will generally involve another TOC.

Hopefully it will be fixed at some point this week, given it's been flagged up here and we know TOC Pricing Managers (and RDG staff) read the forum.

takethegame

This is due to a recent Routeing Guide change, where EMR and LNER "& connections" tickets were incorrectly altered so they were only valid on the relevant TOC.

This has broken the "& connections" part, as the connection will generally involve another TOC.

Hopefully it will be fixed at some point this week, given it's been flagged up here and we know TOC Pricing Managers (and RDG staff) read the forum.

Thanks