• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Advance - use of First Class lounges

HughT

Spotted this when following up on another post on the Forum.

I believe that internal guidance on travelling with Advance Tickets say, inter alia, that LNER require holders of First Advances to pay a £5 supplement to use their lounges.

But LNER themselves contradict this. First Advance ticket holders are allowed free access to the lounges, according to their website (and I've certainly never been asked to pay anything!).
https://www.lner.co.uk/the-east-coast-experience/first-class/first-class-lounges/

Personally I trust LNER on this occasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tspaul26

Established Member
Not all LNER First Advance fares allow automatic lounge access. There is a threshold of £10.

mad_rich

LNER info is correct. I would ignore the stuff about the £5 supplement. Never even heard of it!

Seatfrog upgrades are eligible too.

island

Veteran Member
This used to be the case in East Coast days, I believe VTEC got rid of it.

Ianigsy

I’ve never been asked either at Leeds or Kings Cross, and that covers several years.

I wasn’t able to use the lounge at Edinburgh in October, but that was because it was full due to disruption and had about three trains’ worth of people wanting it.