• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AVTB

To help with all the questions and queries in the recent couple of days.
  • I applied for KX rather late, just before the ad got taken down.
  • I did my video recordings just before the 3 day limit was up.
  • I got the invite to a proper interview exactly a week later in the afternoon.
  • My application status on the LNER careers website just says "submitted".
  • I do not have an email/message on the portal stating anything about the face to face interview, the last message there is the invite for the video recordings.
  • I do not have valid results from any previous assessment center etc, I am a fresh applicant.

MeatAndTwoMeg

Hi all, I have been preparing for my upcoming teams interview. My invitation said that a driver manager and/or member of the HR team is due to be interviewing me. Could I get your opinion on whether I can reuse any of the "tell me a time when..." examples I gave in the video interview? The HR person could be the same person that assessed my video interview and I'm concerned about giving a repetitive answer. However, I gave some of my best examples for times when I've demonstrated train driver attributes in the video interview!

Emmsie

If it's your best example than reuse it. I made the mistake of using a different example on an interview with the same person and it was much weaker. I was kicking myself afterwards

To help with all the questions and queries in the recent couple of days.
  • I applied for KX rather late, just before the ad got taken down.
  • I did my video recordings just before the 3 day limit was up.
  • I got the invite to a proper interview exactly a week later in the afternoon.
  • My application status on the LNER careers website just says "submitted".
  • I do not have an email/message on the portal stating anything about the face to face interview, the last message there is the invite for the video recordings.
  • I do not have valid results from any previous assessment center etc, I am a fresh applicant.
For anyone reading the above and panicing the vacancy was taken down and then readvertised. I missed it the 1st time but 2 days later it reappeared. I applied 10th and did my video interview 15th. Got the holding email same day as others.

c1995

Hi all, I have been preparing for my upcoming teams interview. My invitation said that a driver manager and/or member of the HR team is due to be interviewing me. Could I get your opinion on whether I can reuse any of the "tell me a time when..." examples I gave in the video interview? The HR person could be the same person that assessed my video interview and I'm concerned about giving a repetitive answer. However, I gave some of my best examples for times when I've demonstrated train driver attributes in the video interview!
Good luck for your interview. Was the teams invite a choice of dates/times or did they just issue you one?

Chippychips

I'd say use the same examples but give more detail as you wont have the pressure of time ticking down.
Same answer, just "upgraded".

MeatAndTwoMeg

Thank you both for the advice - very helpful.

They did not give me a choice of dates/time, just sent a calendar invitation straight away. I would have moved pretty much anything to attend it anyway!

Terry844

Use the same answer, if they want you to give a different example they will ask if you have any other experience or answer for that situation

AVTB

Good luck for your interview. Was the teams invite a choice of dates/times or did they just issue you one?
Sadly my experience of the railway is they're fairly inflexible due to the vast choice they have of candidates, thus it was a set time and date for this one.

Luckily I happen to be on a day off otherwise it would be the same story I've always had... getting this far/to the assessment centre then not being able to attend due to solid and unavoidable work commitments!

Frankie4763

Sadly my experience of the railway is they're fairly inflexible due to the vast choice they have of candidates, thus it was a set time and date for this one.

Luckily I happen to be on a day off otherwise it would be the same story I've always had... getting this far/to the assessment centre then not being able to attend due to solid and unavoidable work commitments!
Do you think they’ll ask the same questions in the interview as the ones in the video interview? Seems a bit too straightforward

AVTB

Do you think they’ll ask the same questions in the interview as the ones in the video interview? Seems a bit too straightforward
No idea. Luckily I come from an industry known for constant emergencies and disasters so have plenty of stories to chat about if they're different questions!

Nuttygooner

No idea. Luckily I come from an industry known for constant emergencies and disasters so have plenty of stories to chat about if they're different questions!
Central government?
Retail during Black Friday?
Bond Villainary?
Any eatery open after closing time on a Friday/Saturday night? (Those folks have zen-like demeanours in the face of adversity).

jubilee_line

Same, just got my rejection email a minute ago. I expected it though as I got quite nervous with the format. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

SteveL9

Just to add to in to the mix, I did the recorded video interview on the 14th for the Leeds vacancy and it's been radio silence since then, not even the "sorry for delay" email. I can only assume the recruitment team are working in batches, I don't envy them sifting through hundreds of 3 minute videos!

porksandwhich

Sorry to hear you got rejections. Can I ask if you received the holding email last week and then a rejection or was it radio silence then rejection.

WaterCup123

Sorry to hear that. I think ive fallen into a hole, I’ve heard nothing since my recorded interview.
I've also heard nothing since my recorded interview either

edit: tempted to chase, but don't want to be a pain. Although would like to be pulled back out of the hole if we've gone down one!

tallpaul82

I’ve not heard anything either. I did my interview on the 16th and not even a holding email.

Bigfilly

I think I must've been one of the last to apply. Completed the video interview on the 18th, had a holding email a few days after, heard nothing since.

Has anyone applied for Leeds and been offered a face to face? What dates did they offer for the interview?

porksandwhich

I've also heard nothing since my recorded interview either

edit: tempted to chase, but don't want to be a pain. Although would like to be pulled back out of the hole if we've gone down one!
I sent them a quick message on Facebook , they’ve read it but not responded. I’m just going in the basis that no news is good news for now.

railywantit

I haven’t received the holding email or any communication since my video interview. Patiently waiting either way.

Oldnewbie

I haven't even had that! Anyone who applied for KX had any more then holding email?
I haven't even had that! The video interview didn't go as well as I wanted it to so I'm not expecting good news from this application TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.