• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Newcastle (09/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

driverdriver

I wonder the reasoning behind the vacancy still being live.. You would have thought they'd of been inemdated with applicants for such an oppurtunity! I guess they must just want/need a certain number of applicants through the video interview stage.
Hopefully that is all it is - I can't resist checking my emails every day so far Not expecting to hear back for a while though, assuming they will have lots to get through.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yfg132

I've just been reading the Leeds/kingsX apprentices page and it seems some of the candidates for those have just been asked to provide the GCSE results prior to the teams interview and also some have apperently had job offers.. The job offers clearly must be for those who have already previously passed the phycometrics so I wonder if those are been prioritised for interviews first.

Choochoo_loco

I've just been reading the Leeds/kingsX apprentices page and it seems some of the candidates for those have just been asked to provide the GCSE results prior to the teams interview and also some have apperently had job offers.. The job offers clearly must be for those who have already previously passed the phycometrics so I wonder if those are been prioritised for interviews first.
There wasn’t anywhere on the application form from what I remember asking if I’d completed psychometrics testing before.
Perhaps I should have added it to my C.V?
I was hoping this would be something asked or that I could mention in the interview if successful to that stage.

Yfg132

There wasn’t anywhere on the application form from what I remember asking if I’d completed psychometrics testing before.
Perhaps I should have added it to my C.V?
I was hoping this would be something asked or that I could mention in the interview if successful to that stage.
I imagine if your successful on the teams interview (hopefully you'll of progressed to this stage) you'll be able to pass the information over to them then or during invatarion to take phycometrics and send the proof of this, as long as it meets there standards. There's was nothing during application to tell them about this you are correct,I'm just speculating from the other thread as it's seems strange that some are waiting yet others ha e had a job offer, or so it seems.

Choochoo_loco

I don’t think anyone will get a response until the listing is removed from their website.
It’s still up at the moment..

Traindriver99

Hello everyone! I will get the video interview soon. I have been preparing a lot for this particul interview, especially using a book bought online with lots of "managers and structured" questions and answers.
Is there anyone that have already done the video interview know if most of the questions were related to structured/managers interview? Thanks!

LtK95

Hi everyone..

Today I received an invite for a online video interview after passing my 3 assessments. Slightly nervous as I've never done one like this before. :s

I actually don't mind interviews, but I think because I'm going into a bit of an unknown here I'm slightly worried! Has anyone who has done this got any tips? I'm really excited for this opportunity and hopefully I won't blow it!

adampavarotti

It’s an odd one really! I’ve not known a vacancy be up for so long in any arena really! There must have been thousands upon thousands of strong applicants at this point. I’m not holding our much hope, despite passing the initial assessments and then giving - what I think is - a strong assessment of myself in the video interview!

MawCo

Hi all,

First time poster. I completed the Video interview on Feb 10th and just had an email thru asking for confirmation of GCSE certs to be sent across and asking for current notice period.

Sounds like they’re getting ready for interview dates to be posted out.

WBFC345

Hi all,

First time poster. I completed the Video interview on Feb 10th and just had an email thru asking for confirmation of GCSE certs to be sent across and asking for current notice period.

This is promising, I submitted my video interview on the 11th so hopefully I will hear soon!

adampavarotti

Hi all,

Hey MawCo,

Have you applied before?

MawCo

Hi,

No first time I've applied. When I was reading some of the other threads for Leeds/Edinburgh/Kings X, most of them seemed to suggest it was a 4-week wait period from the VI, so it seems they are going thru this process a bit quicker.

Volvictof

Hi,

No first time I've applied. When I was reading some of the other threads for Leeds/Edinburgh/Kings X, most of them seemed to suggest it was a 4-week wait period from the VI, so it seems they are going thru this process a bit quicker.
With any luck they are working through interviews today then and more people may get emails. I completed mine on the 10th also so fingers crossed.

MawCo

With any luck they are working through interviews today then and more people may get emails. I completed mine on the 10th also so fingers crossed.
Good Luck! Hopefully, a few more will hear back over the next couple of days.

adampavarotti

Yeah mine was on the 14th so maybe I’ll a little behind. I can’t even explain how keen I am so was a bit deflated after not hearing. Pleased to know I’m in a similar boat to others.

djwyns

I just got a rejection through, I did my video interview 15th Feb so I'm sure most will be hearing soon too, good luck everyone!

Yfg132

Also knocked back! I was pretty confident I'd of got through to the phycometric stage.. Ah well, wasn't meant to be

LeeMck9

I wonder if having completed the Video Interview stage, your CV, covering letter and location from depot are also taken into account? I only ask as I have recently received the thanks but no thanks email following my video interview. I thought my VI was pretty decent, I used examples that have been sufficient in a previous MMI and DMI with another TOC (currently in talent pool). I appreciate that the whole process is subjective but if it was purely on the interview I’d rather know, so I could at least make the necessary changes if I ever need to do it again.

Congratulations to all that look to have progressed

Last edited:

Volvictof

It was a no for me too! Not too disappointed to be honest as love my current job but just thought I’d throw my hat in the ring anyway…. Or am I just telling myself that so I don’t lose face?. ;) I usually ace every interview I go to so I was a little surprised but then, if I’m being honest I could probably have put more effort into it, for the reason I mentioned above. Perhaps the hunger wasn’t quite there. Either way, nothing ventured nothing gained. Commiserations to those with rejections and congratulations to those going further!

MawCo

It was a no for me too! Not too disappointed to be honest as love my current job but just thought I’d throw my hat in the ring anyway…. Or am I just telling myself that so I don’t lose face?. ;) I usually ace every interview I go to so I was a little surprised but then, if I’m being honest I could probably have put more effort into it, for the reason I mentioned above. Perhaps the hunger wasn’t quite there. Either way, nothing ventured nothing gained. Commiserations to those with rejections and congratulations to those going further!
Sorry to hear that, at least your happy where you are. They seem to put these posts up every Feb so at least if you fancy it again in the future you’ll have the option

new_hopeful

Took mine on the 14th still no word as of yet :(

Im going with the hopeful theory of rejections may be dealt with before successful ones ( at least thats what im telling myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.