• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver (Talent Pool) - Kings Cross (14/08/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trackman2

I just applied and got an instant refusal email. I chose all the safety first answers on test questions.

Anybody have model answers?

I note they say you cannot apply if you’ve failed a psychometric stage within the last six months with another TOC. I failed a VSE with another 4 months ago, does anyone know if LNER does the VSE?

Gooner18

Seems LNER do it backwards to everyone else with regards to doing the test at the end of the process rather than front

Samzino

Pretty instant refusal I assume its Location wise as there is no way my app was read/processed in 20mins haha.
Tho its 45mins for me to drive or take the train to Kings Cross from home.

Last edited:

Trackman2

Tried the SJT twice with 2 different accounts. I gave more realistic answers the second time round and I failed again.

ayaz2001

Pretty instant refusal I assume its Location wise as there is no way my app was read/processed in 20mins haha.
Tho its 45mins for me to drive or take the train to Kings Cross from home.
it says 60 mins, so maybe its something else.

ayaz2001

50 mins is St Albans, Hounslow. Cheaper places compared to central london. plus they do have overnight tubes and buses which cpuld be useful if not quicker than driving.

Tb12

Done the application and assessments and seem to have passed them all. They are now asking for exam certificates for GCSE Maths and English. Provide within 5 days...absolutely no chance I'll be able to get the exam board to provide them that quickly. Anyone else in the same position? I am struggling to find a contact for their recruitment.

Trackman2

Done the application and assessments and seem to have passed them all. They are now asking for exam certificates for GCSE Maths and English. Provide within 5 days...absolutely no chance I'll be able to get the exam board to provide them that quickly. Anyone else in the same position? I am struggling to find a contact for their recruitment.
Any guidance on the type of answers on sjt?

NorthernTech

Any guidance on the type of answers on sjt?
Not much point in them testing people if people just keep re-doing it til they pass, or keep asking everyone for the answers. They are trying to sift out those who can decipher what is correct in certain situations relative to the role of driver.

Theoffs

Some people in the February recruitment are only just getting DMIs now so could be a good few months before we heard anything.

Theoffs

Just received this email this evening…

Regarding your application for the role of Apprentice Driver Kings Cross (Talent Pool)

If you believe you passed and hold Enhanced Driver Psychometrics (must have been awarded in the last 5 years) please can you contact me directly (you can reply to this email) your video interview will still need to be reviewed so this will not reduce any steps in the process.

Looks like they are trying to fast track some people for courses.

Just received this email this evening…

Regarding your application for the role of Apprentice Driver Kings Cross (Talent Pool)

If you believe you passed and hold Enhanced Driver Psychometrics (must have been awarded in the last 5 years) please can you contact me directly (you can reply to this email) your video interview will still need to be reviewed so this will not reduce any steps in the process.

Looks like they are trying to fast track some people for courses.
Yeah I had the same too so looks like they’re trying to fill some spaces on the November start date

Status
Not open for further replies.