• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Customer Host - Part time, salary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJSwan

There’s a vacancy with LNER in Aberdeen for a part time customer host (17.5 hours per week), the salary is advertised as £23,350-£25,822. (Link below)

Would that be correct for part-time? Just seems a lot to me. Can anybody from LNER offer clarification?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43 302

Established Member
Will be
There’s a vacancy with LNER in Aberdeen for a part time customer host (17.5 hours per week), the salary is advertised as £23,350-£25,822. (Link below)

Would that be correct for part-time? Just seems a lot to me. Can anybody from LNER offer clarification?

Pro rata.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Another CJ on the forum!!!!

For some reasons part time jobs are never salaried at their reduced rate when advertised. It doesn't just apply to the rail industry - most jobs in other sectors advertise posts at the full annual 'per annum' pay rate. I've never understood the logic to this as it is a little misleading for job seekers.

As alot of TOC roles are 35 hour weeks and this is advertised at 17.5 - you should halve the salary disclosed and this would give you an idea on the take home pay.

Alot of part time jobs are 'job shared' with another employee who can't or doesn't work their full hours.

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.