• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER "Dates not on sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Wednesday 21st June 2023 seems to be a random such date, not being a weekend. Must be some reason for this

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

infobleep

Veteran Member
Looking at LNER today it has the following info:
Availability and current exclusions
Tickets for LNER weekday trains are on sale up to and including Friday 06 October 2023, and usually up to three months in advance.

Weekday tickets are available for travel up to and including:Friday 06 October 2023
Excluded dates not yet available for booking:21, 24, 25 June 2023

2 July 2023

27 August 2023

9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 September 2023

1, 7, 8 October 2023

Some of the dates listed such as 24 and 25 June and 7 and 9 October are not weekdays but weekends.

When I did a search on 23 July, which is a Sunday and a date not listed on the Web Site as excluded, it said
Tickets for this date aren't available yet because we're still finalising our timetables.

bcarmicle

When I did a search on 23 July, which is a Sunday and a date not listed on the Web Site as excluded, it said
Odd; I just did a search for 23 July and it gave me results and just a message saying that they'd let me know if the timetable changed.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Odd; I just did a search for 23 July and it gave me results and just a message saying that they'd let me know if the timetable changed.
That is interesting. My journey may have included non LNER services. I can't remember but it didn't make reference to it being another train operating company.

Par

What would be reason for tickets from Kings Cross to Leeds on Sunday 2nd July not yet being on sale, but are for the Sunday 4 weeks later on the 30th?

Any ideas as to when this date might go on sale?

island

Veteran Member
What would be reason for tickets from Kings Cross to Leeds on Sunday 2nd July not yet being on sale, but are for the Sunday 4 weeks later on the 30th?
Unconfirmed engineering works usually.
Any ideas as to when this date might go on sale?
You can set up a ticket alert on the LNER website.

Status
Not open for further replies.