• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER email to say a case is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh2254

1677326077301.png
Took me a while to realise this related to a case I raised a couple of months ago that I thought was closed satisfactorily when I received an email circa 4 weeks ago. I posted the email as it made me smile that it takes so much waffle to say the case is closed!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
View attachment 129805
Took me a while to realise this related to a case I raised a couple of months ago that I thought was closed satisfactorily when I received an email circa 4 weeks ago. I posted the email as it made me smile that it takes so much waffle to say the case is closed!
an example of when 'more is less' perhaps...:lol:

Adam Williams

Established Member
I've always felt these automated "is ticket too old? Let's close it" processes are an incredibly lazy of getting the ticket count down.

The longest-open tickets should be reviewed regularly and reasonable response SLAs should be set for all incoming conversations. If they regularly can't be met, then your customer services team is understaffed or your processes require too much human involvement (or a mixture of the two).

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've always felt these automated "is ticket too old? Let's close it" processes are an incredibly lazy of getting the ticket count down.

The longest-open tickets should be reviewed regularly and reasonable response SLAs should be set for all incoming conversations. If they regularly can't be met, then your customer services team is understaffed or your processes require too much human involvement (or a mixture of the two).
I'm sorry but what sort of positive customer nonsense is this that you're trying to advocate for?! :lol:

Having worked on a customer service desk (albeit in a different industry) with a ticketing system, these types of automation rules are entirely necessary, but need to be used carefully.

It never failed to amaze me the number of people who would raise a ticket with an incredibly important, critical, time sensitive issue and then simply disappear, failing to respond to questions and chases. It happened incredibly frequently and, if all of those tickets were just left open, the desk would have quickly become unmanageable. Automation rules help, but they are of course a blunt instrument.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Having worked on a customer service desk (albeit in a different industry) with a ticketing system, these types of automation rules are entirely necessary, but need to be used carefully.

It never failed to amaze me the number of people who would raise a ticket with an incredibly important, critical, time sensitive issue and then simply disappear, failing to respond to questions and chases. It happened incredibly frequently and, if all of those tickets were just left open, the desk would have quickly become unmanageable. Automation rules help, but they are of course a blunt instrument.
Auto-closing a ticket that's Awaiting User Info with no reply makes sense to me (if it's been a fortnight or so). Any other cases generally don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.