• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lner refunds

Citybreak1

Every ticket on the app including first class is non refundable. They use to refund as a credit to account. That no longer happens. I understand they changed to policy recently no returns and only singles? Why don’t they do what Eurostar do now £20 change ticket? I know you can get a refund but why can’t they sell these options via the app where is best to complain to about this? Most Eurostars can be changed to a time for free now too!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Every ticket on the app including first class is non refundable. They use to refund as a credit to account. That no longer happens. I understand they changed to policy recently no returns and only singles? Why don’t they do what Eurostar do now £20 change ticket? I know you can get a refund but why can’t they sell these options via the app where is best to complain to about this?

Anytime Singles are refundable. Or if you want a Super Off Peak Single, you might find the destinations of Haymarket, Manors and Reston attractive as an alternative? I hear they're lovely places and are becoming rather more popular in the stats, I can't think why.

The trial has not yet been rolled out to other destinations (e.g. Leeds) and so nothing has changed about the refundability of fares to these places.

However, all tickets LNER sell without exception are changeable against a fee (I forget if Advance changes are now £5 or £10) unless they're lower than the cost of that fee (won't be many!). They're just not refundable.

(I agree the policy is scandalous and there's a very long thread mostly on the disadvantages of what they are up to!)

Citybreak1

This is Lumo. Flex for £8 pounds more how are LNER allowed to get away with it? The app doesn’t even sell refundable tickets

Attachments

• IMG_1212.png
    IMG_1212.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 41

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
This is Lumo. Flex for £8 pounds more how are LNER allowed to get away with it?

Because they're owned by HM Government and so are basically allowed to do what they like as long as they save subsidy money.

The app doesn’t even sell refundable tickets

Yes it does. Anytime and Super Off Peak Singles - not the latter for Kings X-Newcastle, Berwick or Edinburgh, but I've given you a massive hint above as to how you might obtain a Super Off Peak Single valid for those journeys if you want to do so.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Every ticket on the app including first class is non refundable. They use to refund as a credit to account. That no longer happens. I understand they changed to policy recently no returns and only singles? Why don’t they do what Eurostar do now £20 change ticket? I know you can get a refund but why can’t they sell these options via the app where is best to complain to about this? Most Eurostars can be changed to a time for free now too!
What journey are you wanting to make?