• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sulj8374

Hi, new to group, passed the psych test 3 years ago when going through the Virgin application, had medical and then got let go due to the changes on East Coast ownership. Anybody on here in the same boat?
Passed the telephone interview and sent off certificates and National Ins number to prove Psych test passed. There was an issue with not being able to open my math/English grades and contacted me to resend. Anybody got any inkling/knowledge on what the next stage will involve? Cheers!

Broot

Hi, new to group, passed the psych test 3 years ago when going through the Virgin application, had medical and then got let go due to the changes on East Coast ownership. Anybody on here in the same boat?
Passed the telephone interview and sent off certificates and National Ins number to prove Psych test passed. There was an issue with not being able to open my math/English grades and contacted me to resend. Anybody got any inkling/knowledge on what the next stage will involve? Cheers!

I also applied in 2017 and made it to the stage where we did the group activitys. We are on the sinking ship etc.. it was horrible! And hope its not that again!!

That must have been devastating to get to that stage and then not make it.. I'd heard everyone got let go, I was glad in hindsight I didn't make it that far!

What was the reason they gave you? Did Virgin do it out of spite because they had invested in all that recruitment, didnt want to hand it over to LNER so just let yous go? Horrible to think that like

Seanstar

I did my phone interview on 14th April for KGX. Not heard back yet. They told me I’d find out within 28 days which is tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Pointy End

It's now over 5 weeks since phone interview for KGX for me.
Anyone else who has applied to KGX received an answer?

Nat93

Hi first time posting, I had my phone interview on the 9th April. My preferences were Doncaster or Leeds. I was told I would hear back within 2-4weeks although reading this thread everyone has been told different. I’ve seen a lot still waiting to hear regarding Kings Cross, is there anyone still waiting for Doncaster or Leeds?

Binky123

Hi first time posting, I had my phone interview on the 9th April. My preferences were Doncaster or Leeds. I was told I would hear back within 2-4weeks although reading this thread everyone has been told different. I’ve seen a lot still waiting to hear regarding Kings Cross, is there anyone still waiting for Doncaster or Leeds?
Hi,
I’m waiting for both donny and/or Leeds!

badger1badger

I am waiting for Leeds

na281093

Just received an email to tell me I’ve been unsuccessful (for Leeds). I did email them yesterday asking for an update as it’s been 6 weeks since my telephone interview but at least I know now. Good luck to those who made it.

Bucephalus

Sorry to hear that na281093.

I just got my no just a minute ago for KX. A TOC too premier for me it seems!

Sulj8374

I also applied in 2017 and made it to the stage where we did the group activitys. We are on the sinking ship etc.. it was horrible! And hope its not that again!!

That must have been devastating to get to that stage and then not make it.. I'd heard everyone got let go, I was glad in hindsight I didn't make it that far!

What was the reason they gave you? Did Virgin do it out of spite because they had invested in all that recruitment, didnt want to hand it over to LNER so just let yous go? Horrible to think that like
Are you through past the tel interview? Yeah is was a big disappointment when got let go, the reason given was that they over calculated how many they would need but it did coincide with Virgin losing the contract so who knows. I enjoyed the sinking ship thing haha

Broot

Are you through past the tel interview? Yeah is was a big disappointment when got let go, the reason given was that they over calculated how many they would need but it did coincide with Virgin losing the contract so who knows. I enjoyed the sinking ship thing haha

Yeah just waiting for next steps.

Based on this forum, the telephone interview has been an absolutely brutal cut. Loads of rejections.

Ell887

I’ve got no current applications and won’t have for at least a couple of years so I’m not asking to gain any advantage... but what did the telephone interview entail? Was it much different to the other interviews? Very intrigued to find out how TOCs are going about business differently (or perhaps not) in the current circumstances.

Of course, good luck to those who progressed and keep going to the ones who didn’t. Tricky time to be applying as it is, especially when it’s with a TOC who rarely recruit externally.

Last edited:

M!T

Heard back today (Applied 29 March - Leeds). Unsuccessful. I'll request feedback and can hopefully learn something useful for future use.

Status
Not open for further replies.