• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benje06

Thanks, had this confirmed earlier by email. Hope to catch up with some of you in person in York next week.

Hi, first time poster, wanted to say hello, I also passed the recent interview but already had enhanced passes. Hope you did ok if you had your psychometrics This week And that things are still moving on.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sulj8374

I passed the advanced test and now just awaiting my medical, are you in the same boat? Which location have you chosen to work from? Have you been given a course date?

Benje06

Many congratulations, bet you were chuffed to be told you had passed it! I had my medical earlier in the week so hopefully you’ll get a date soon. I’m in for Doncaster, are you Leeds? No official dates yet no.

train-safe

Many congratulations, bet you were chuffed to be told you had passed it! I had my medical earlier in the week so hopefully you’ll get a date soon. I’m in for Doncaster, are you Leeds? No official dates yet no.

How was your medical?

Sulj8374

Yes I'm in for Leeds, I just want to get the medical competed and get a start date. Hopefully will all happen soon enough.

JA92

I passed the advanced test and now just awaiting my medical, are you in the same boat? Which location have you chosen to work from? Have you been given a course date?
Congrats.

I did my group burden last week and also have passed, now waiting a medical and a start date.

On the email they mentioned about a potential course in November!

I have applied for King Cross, where has everyone else put in for?

Benje06

Well done, hopefully you’ll get a medical date soon, they did say they had more to get done in a few weeks time, especially if there is a mention of November course date!

Slet25

I have already passed to the enhanced standard and I am also in for Doncaster. I have a medical booked in for the 16th September so things are definitely moving in the right direction.

Last edited:

Benje06

I have already passed to the enhanced standard and I am also in for Doncaster. I have a medical booked in for the 16th September so things are definitely moving in the right direction.
Congratulations, hope the medical goes well in a few weeks time

Benje06

Fingers crossed, found it slightly odd with having to wear a mask and keep distance etc. It won’t let me PM as I’m now and not posted enough!

Oldnewbie

Hello all, first time poster, long time reader. I passed the telephone interview for this role back in April, received the 'good news' email and was asked to provide exam certificates.
Despite best efforts, no joy (I left school in 87) and emailed LNER three times advising them and asking for further advice... No response . My question is, has anyone who's currently progressing done so without being able to provide proof of exam passes? I'm currently a depot driver and have passed relevant psychometric tests. Thanks peeps & all the best

JA92

Ho
Hello all, first time poster, long time reader. I passed the telephone interview for this role back in April, received the 'good news' email and was asked to provide exam certificates.
Despite best efforts, no joy (I left school in 87) and emailed LNER three times advising them and asking for further advice... No response . My question is, has anyone who's currently progressing done so without being able to provide proof of exam passes? I'm currently a depot driver and have passed relevant psychometric tests. Thanks peeps & all the best
Hi,
I don't recall being asked for certificates at all?!
I think a few ppl are still waiting too, it seems they are doing a chunk of ppl at a time to keep it at a managable level I presume.
When I had my interview they said they had a good few courses lined up so I'm sure they will be in contact with you soon!
[

Last edited:

Slet25

I had to send mine in

Oldnewbie

Ho

Hi,
I don't recall being asked for certificates at all?!
I think a few ppl are still waiting too, it seems they are doing a chunk of ppl at a time to keep it at a managable level I presume.
When I had my interview they said they had a good few courses lined up so I'm sure they will be in contact with you soon!
[
Thanks for replying. The email that was sent advising of the phone interview pass specifically requested proof of passes in English and Maths...I'm thinking they're probably swamped with people who've passed AND provided proof so they don't need to progress mine if I can't meet their criteria. But, ya never know so fingers crossed. Thanks again

Gigmole

For those who have been offered the latest round of interviews, just wondering if you've all already passed the psychometrics to some level. I have read that some have had to re take the group bourdon test as it needed an enhanced pass, but no one seems to have had to do everything.

Markylad

Well just had my invite today for interview with Manager...... not done the Psychometrics yet though. My interview is next Wednesday i’m in for Newcastle.

Oldnewbie

Congratulations & best of luck mate. I don't suppose you've got the number of the recruitment team do you? If you have, can you DM me please as I've been chasing them for a while

Coopes1710

I received an email this afternoon saying I have a interview on the 22nd. Previously passed the telephone interview but I haven’t done the psychometric tests yet.
Applied for Leeds and Doncaster.

Markylad

Congratulations & best of luck mate. I don't suppose you've got the number of the recruitment team do you? If you have, can you DM me please as I've been chasing them for a while

there was no phone number on the invite, i haven't come across a phone number yet since applying. And cheers for the good luck

DWPVT83

Well done to all who have secured interviews in the coming weeks! I had my Teams Interview back in early August, I found it a bit more formal than the telephone interview, which you would expect. However no real surprises and a read of some posts on here in relation to possible Qs will keep you on the right track.

Good luck!

Coopes1710

Well done to all who have secured interviews in the coming weeks! I had my Teams Interview back in early August, I found it a bit more formal than the telephone interview, which you would expect. However no real surprises and a read of some posts on here in relation to possible Qs will keep you on the right track.

Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Valerian

Thsoe who are waiting since their telephone interview and sent in their GCSE certificates, don't forget to check your junk email folder as I have recieved 2 emails inviting me to a Microsoft teams interview in 2 weeks time. These emails do not appear on your LNER application account progress updates as it does not come from "People rescourcing team" but from "Recruitment 1" email address which is the address for sending your GCSE certificates.

Loco94

Don’t suppose you know when they was received do you? Emptied mine the other day and can’t retrieve any

Gigmole

Don’t suppose you know when they was received do you? Emptied mine the other day and can’t retrieve any
I've not had anything further since the "We've not forgot you" email, so don't think you've deleted it, you probably haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.