• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelTango

Do you guys even know what location you have applied for? Or have you applied to be in a talent pool?

There are vacancies for London, Leeds, Doncaster and Newcastle. You get asked which area / depot you are applying for.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whitney2993

Hi, new to the forum. I’m just wondering if anybody hasn’t heard anything at all as Since I completed the three online tests, I’ve had no rejection emails and no invite to complete the phone interview?

Aftv49

I received a telephone call from a member of the recruitment team. He thought my interview was slated for today even though it’s later in the week. He mentioned I could’ve done it today and it would take no more than 15 mins. I kindly declined and told him I’d rather take it on the day I booked it for. I want to be fully prepared. Was caught off guard by that telephone call. Wondering if it has happened to anyone else?

Aftv49

Hi guys!

I have a couple of questions. Sorry if these questions have already been answered. I have passed stage 1 and stage 2 assessments with the OPC. The stages consisted of - Tea-OCC, Group Bourdon, TRP 1 & 2, the computerised tests done at the OPC and MMI. 1) I’m wondering do LNER have other psychometric tests than the ones I have mentioned? 2) Anyone have any inclination as to how many recruits they will take on? 3) Can I ask what location everyone is applying for?

Thanks and good luck all!

Ollie213

I received a telephone call from a member of the recruitment team. He thought my interview was slated for today even though it’s later in the week. He mentioned I could’ve done it today and it would take no more than 15 mins. I kindly declined and told him I’d rather take it on the day I booked it for. I want to be fully prepared. Was caught off guard by that telephone call. Wondering if it has happened to anyone else?

Hi AFTV49,

Good plan, you did well to think of that on the hop!

I wonder if they called you in error rather than me - I recieved no call, despite having it booked at 4.00pm and they have my correct number. Dont suppose you have the number they called you from please? (I know it's likely withheld/unknown, but worth a try!)

Thanks

railwanabe

There you go. Really? Recruiting for 4 locations and not even mentioned station names? So just gathering applicants just in case a role arises in the future. My best guess, moreso seeing how the recruitment process went, careless...

railwanabe

Can you PM me the number of the recruitment team

Aftv49

@railwanabe @Ollie213

Sorry guys, I was called from a withheld number. The individual from recruitment mentioned that everyone from the recruitment team is working from home as of today, and they are facing some technical glitches as a result. Perhaps that could be the reason as to why your interviews where missed. I’d email them if I were you guys.

railwanabe

Technical glitches = bunch of cowboys = recruiting for talent pools who will never be sent for training. I’ll put a bet down £100.

DA1

Technical glitches = bunch of cowboys = recruiting for talent pools who will never be sent for training. I’ll put a bet down £100.

I think you need a break from this thread. Dealing with disappointment like this won’t get you anywhere. Take a breath, think where you need to improve and go again when another campaign you can apply for arises.

badger1badger

I think you need a break from this thread. Dealing with disappointment like this won’t get you anywhere. Take a breath, think where you need to improve and go again when another campaign you can apply for arises.
I agree - stop replying to thread, life is tough. ranting will not get you a job and if you do you will be sacked very quickly if you have this attitude

xtradj

Has anyone received a telephone interview who’s application was initially rejected in error?

Nh2014

I regularly speak to the LNER drivers on a night who think otherwise to your bitter thoughts, so I will happily take you up on your £100

badger1badger

I regularly speak to the LNER drivers on a night who think otherwise to your bitter thoughts, so I will happily take you up on your £100
well said - wanabe hope you have a few £100
I may not get any further ….. but will not be bitter and twisted like you appear to be

Matty93

I wasn't sure what to expect from the telephone interview so I just booked mine for the first available slot, they rang me bang on 9am. I prepared myself with a few sample questions over the last couple of days but when I actually took the call I went to pot. I managed to answer all the questions and what not but the pressure made me a bit stuterry, luckily the lady I had my chat with was lovely and must be used to people being a bit panicky, I felt like I was having to really pick my brain to answer even though I had already found examples for myself over the last few days. I'm not feeling overly confident that I'll progress any further but I've got my fingers and toes crossed, waiting these next few weeks to find out how I done is going to kill me lol.

If I've got any advice to you all it would simply be to just relax, they know your going to be nervous but don't let that ruin your interview like I feel I did.

Good luck

Coopes1710

I wasn't sure what to expect from the telephone interview so I just booked mine for the first available slot, they rang me bang on 9am. I prepared myself with a few sample questions over the last couple of days but when I actually took the call I went to pot. I managed to answer all the questions and what not but the pressure made me a bit stuterry, luckily the lady I had my chat with was lovely and must be used to people being a bit panicky, I felt like I was having to really pick my brain to answer even though I had already found examples for myself over the last few days. I'm not feeling overly confident that I'll progress any further but I've got my fingers and toes crossed, waiting these next few weeks to find out how I done is going to kill me lol.

If I've got any advice to you all it would simply be to just relax, they know your going to be nervous but don't let that ruin your interview like I feel I did.

Good luck
Thanks for sharing mate.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.